Black Sunwayman V10A

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I ordered a Sunwayman V10A AA model from Battery Junction. My friend Scout24 has both the V10R and V10A however his are HA gray.

Mine showed up and it in black. At first I thought it was the wrong light but it is a V10A. It has all the markings.

Here is a picture against my L1 and Titan T1A.

Next Monday I will see Scout24 and compare my black V10A to his gray V10R and V10A

dsc0609i.jpg

Has anyone else gotten a black Sunwayman?

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I met up with Scout24. I will post the pic I shot when I get back home from work. Even his two gray V10R and V10A are different shades of gray.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Solsud, unfortunately one of the disadvantages of aluminium is that it cannot be polished like titanium.
Aluminium apparently must be chemically painted by a process called electrolysis.
Electrolysis is stronger than painting.
The HA hard anodised III coated surface is quite strong and resistant, but ultimately the anodizing can scratch off!
One of the other apparent disadvantages of anodizing is that it is hard to get a perfect color match between different components.

In April, I was about to buy a Sunway M20C or T20C.
However, I found that these two models seemed to have different colours on different websites.
The T20C was jet black on Selfbuilt's CPF review, yet seemed to be a boring dark brown on other websites?
Meanwhile the M20C was a nice dark grey on Selfbuilt's CPF review.

I contacted Sunway, and they told me that the T20C was a dark brown black, and that current stock of M20C's are dark grey, but future batches of M20C's would be black!
I told Sunway that dark grey looks better because it is more different; while jet black looks so common and boring.
Sunway said that they would pass my feedback onto their development team.

I can understand your disappointment in boring black, but I still think your black V10A looks nice...

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha thanks. I actually dont mind the black that much. I was just surprised when I opened the shipped package and saw the black light through the window of the box. I was worried that I had gotten the wrong light.

I'm not complaining about the black at all. If you look at SF-collectors, getting BK-HA is hard as some lights are just not offered in that color. So when they are they become collectibles. Like the C2-BKHA Emerson, BKHA M6, BKHA A2, BKHA L1. You get my point.

Chongker

Newly Enlightened
Wait, most of those black HA SF's I've heard of, but there's a BKHA M6? O.O

Sorry if it's OT :p