Latest M2 and M6 design

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
M6 - new "Mill Ser M6" graphics

M2 - new body style and new graphics(patents# due to lights like Galls lithium and such
icon13.gif
)

fcf05eb8.jpg

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pics do not do justice.
Please right-click, cut url, paste to address bar, add .orig.jpg

This way you can see full size(patent #s).

nihraguk

Enlightened
from what i can see from the picture, the only difference to the M2 is the flat side on the bottom of the light right?

Catdaddy

Enlightened
I have an Emerson Edition C2 with the extra flat side and I find it more comfortable in my hand, especially in the conbat style hold.
John

Deviant

Enlightened
fc-fire/rescue,

I dun see any difference in the M6 or am I blind
cool.gif

and are those your SFs, they are kinda dusty
tongue.gif
wink.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened
I just got a C2 which has the same new body form and patent numbers.

Placing patent numbers on a device allegedly covered by a patent (called "marking") does not provide protection per se, but under the Patent Statute, 35 USC 287, and a doctrine called "constructive notice", such marking may allow the patentee to collect damages from the time the device was marked. In the absence of marking, collecting damages makes for a more difficult argument.

The change in the body form makes the flashlight easier to grip and feel more secure in the hand, at least for me. The flashlight itself also feels lighter, but this could just be my imagination.

ygbsm

Enlightened
As an aside: Although it is the scope of the claims that is important in patent law, does this sound familiar?

United States Patent 6,386,730
Matthews May 14, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dual reflector, rechargeable, and crash-secured flashlights

Abstract
A flashlight having a flashlight head with two merged yet independent lamp/reflector systems, the head including a common reflector structure having two reflectors of differing light projecting characteristics, the two reflectors arranged side by side with a common boundary across part of the common reflector structure. A flashlight holder and battery charger includes interacting surfaces on the flashlight and the holder that permit insertion of the flashlight into the holder only when the flashlight is in a predetermined position relative to the holder, require that the flashlight be manually moved or rotated in a predetermined direction after insertion for locking the flashlight in the holder and for permitting battery charging only when the flashlight's lamps are disconnected from the batteries, and require that the flashlight be manually moved or rotated in the opposite direction for permitting removal of the flashlight from the holder. A sequential switching arrangement on the flashlight changes the light output of the dual lamp flashlight according to the distance by which a push-button on the flashlight is depressed.
Series Code: 10
Filed: May 29, 2002

And what about this for a future accessory for the e series? (This is from an application still pending in the Patent Office.)

United States Patent Application 20020154500
Kind Code A1
Matthews, John W. October 24, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flashlight securement systems

Abstract
Apparatus and methods directed to a hand holdable flashlight including a battery housing having an undercut groove to which is removably fitted a head of an interface device which itself is removably securable to the object.

Inventors: Matthews, John W.; (Newport Beach, CA)
Assignee Name and Adress: SUREFIRE, LLC
Serial No.: 159359
Series Code: 10
Filed: May 29, 2002

You can see the images associated with these and all of SF's issued patents at the www.uspto.gov site.

ygbsm

Enlightened
That's what the drawings on the patent looked like.

The drawing on the application had sometihing that interfaces with the clip attachment on the e1e e2e lights.

ygbsm

Enlightened
fc-fire/rescue ... A new M6 and a new M2 -- I'm green (HA-III) with envy.

ygbsm

Enlightened
And I thought I was sick!
grin.gif
(Is this guy purple enough?
shocked.gif
)

I was contemplating an M6 (but your picture reminds me of the battery consumption) -- instead I got a Strider EB-LS.