Best programmable brightness flashlight

lasersandlights

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a flashlight that offers a programmable brightness mode that can be saved. The programmable brightness mode should also have a programmable mode selection (Strobe, SOS, Beacon, etc).

It would also need to have the preset Strobe, SOS, Beacon modes.

I am also looking for something simple, just one button operation, I don't like the flashlights that require twisting of the head 2 or 3 times to change modes.

Which flashlight am I looking for?

Thanks guys!

lasersandlights

Newly Enlightened
I should rephrase the question, which flashlight with fully variable brightness is the most intuitive (most user friendly and easiest to use). Preferrably it would have a customziable/programmable mode which the user can set custom brightness and custom strobe rate or SOS, beacon mode.

Not only should it only have one button to control, but the one button should not be a 2-stage button, it should be a button that is directly linked to the MCU and not a latching tailcap button.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Sounds like you're talking about the LiteFlux lights. Unfortunately they are no longer being made and are in great demand. Check at the Marketplace for a LF2XT, LF3XT, or a LF5XT.

Geoff

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i own these programmable lights:

HDS clicky
armytek predator
quark tactical UI
jetbeam M III

and only the HDS clicky's mode changing is all in the switch.
the others have to turn the bezel to change modes.
jetbeam is the easiest to turn bezel 1 handed. not alot of resistance to turn the bezel, and theres some thread play.
armytek requires 2 hands, cause you have to twist back and forth, and the threads have a tighter tolerance.
the armytek can be programmed to however many modes and brightness you want. so you can program it to have 1 mode, and however you twist the head wouldnt change anything.

the jetbeam and quark tactical is only 2 modes. bezel tight and bezel loose modes.

i too, like single hand operation, and of all the above lights i listed, the clicky is by far my favorite.

Last edited:

dansciurus

Newly Enlightened
Check out the hexbright flex. Custom maker, and completely versatile. Program it with your pc. Good support community.
High of 500 LM. Check his website. Hexbright dot com.