got Sonic-G , a bad one ...

hanuman

Newly Enlightened
I got a Sonic-G from CountyComm a couple days ago. The light doesn't come on when I turn it on. I did shake it a bit and tried to turn it on again. I did that several times. Sometimes it's on but flicker and then off again. I don't know how bright it is since it has never worked properly. This is the first time I made an order from CountyComm. I will email them about the problem. I plan to buy many of them for Christmas gift.
I may think it again since the price is close to standard Arc AAA. I got two Arc AAA premium version( my wife and I) and never had any problems. My wife likes Arc AAA a lot (ofcourse me too).

This is the first unimpressive experience from ordering flashlight since I joined this group. I joined this group since May and have spent about @500 already on flashlights.
I probably have to stop reading this forum for a while!!!

I also got Ultra-G on the same order and it works great without any problems, very bright for its size. Both Ultra-G and Sonic-G came in plastic bags, no boxes and no CMG logo on the lights.
I never heard anyone here complain about Sonic-G. I hope I am the only lucky guy here!!!

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
edc-3.jpg

Mine worked just fine. You just got a dud. That store will make it right for you.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I haven't had any problems with my Sonic, other than the fact that it looks a bit like a dog urinator - especially the red one. But if you can get over the funny shape, it's actually a decent little light. I know the front end is very water resistant (it really passes a suction test), but I don't yet know about the tail end. The tailcap itself passes the suction test too, but I don't know how the barrel to tailcap interface is.
The Sonic should be water-resistant at very minimum, in any case.

You should have no problems at all in getting County Comm to replace your defective one.

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
dog urinator - suction test
HHuuumm.I don't think these should be in the same post.
LOL!
Really how does it compare to the ARC AAA?

DLG

Newly Enlightened
I'm now on my 2nd Sonic. First one worked for awhile then started to act up. When I twisted the switch, it would light - sometimes. This got worse over time and I wrote to where I purchased it, Batterystation.

Kevin sent me a new one before I returned the original.

2nd Sonic is starting to behave as the first one did. I'd say it turns on with the firt twist about 80% of the time, but that percentage is decreasing.

Neither light was dropped or damaged btw.

Houston, me thinks we might have a problem.

DLG

Newly Enlightened
I called CMG and mentioned the Sonic woes.

They told me bad batch of circuit boards (regualtors) caused these problems and immediately asked for my address to send me a new one.

I liken this to v1 software. Things get better as the 1 turns to 2, etc.

I want to thank CMG for their handling of this problem and wish them all the best.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
J Smith said:
dog urinator - suction test
HHuuumm.I don't think these should be in the same post.
LOL!
Really how does it compare to the ARC AAA?

[/ QUOTE ]
The Sonic draws around 215mA, and the Arc-AAA draws around 150mA (the older model - newer ones may draw less). IMO, the overall construction of the Arc is better, but don't take that to mean the Sonic is an awful, horrible flashlight - it isn't.
The Sonic (especially the red one) does look a bit like a dog urinator, but if you can get over the appearance, it's not a bad little flashlight at all, and I'd recommend it.