Fenix Sidewinder Switch - are both your buttons the same?

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TK45 and noticed that the two buttons that make up the sidewinder switch are not the same in feel or sound. The power button is very quiet and feels like it has less travel. The mode changing switch has a louder click and feels more positive in operation.

Is this normal? Is it a sign of a failing switch? (I have only had it a couple of weeks) Could my girlfriend have pushed the switch too hard when she borrowed it (I have tried pushing the mode switch pretty hard and this didn't change how it felt)?

It is the sort of thing I think I would have noticed when I first got it if it had come like that, but I am not sure now and wonder if it has happened after leaving the torch on turbo for half an hour indoors while lighting a room with the ceiling bounce.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I just checked my TK45, you are right about the sounds, but I do not really know if I will agree on the rest.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked my TK45, you are right about the sounds, but I do not really know if I will agree on the rest.

I've rechecked my TK45 an yes, the sound is the biggest difference, (though I still think the feel is slightly different). It still works perfectly at the moment.

However my TK41 arrived this morning and its two buttons are very similar which has only raised my concern that my TK45 has a problem, or will develop one.

yliu

Enlightened
My TK45's switch sound different, but I cant feel any difference between the 2 switches. Neither of the switches travel much.