Eagletac P20C2 Cree XP-G S2

thaugen

Enlightened
Thanks for all your help with my decision to purchase the Eagletac P20C2 Cree XP-G S2. There is a wealth of information on this site!

My new flashlight arrived today and my first impressions are very positive. This light is well built, very bright, perfect beam pattern, intuitive user interface and lots of cool accessories included. This is my first CR123 powered flashlight and I don't think it will be my last.

I will give this light a shakedown during some camping trips this next week and report back with the results.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
This is my first CR123 powered flashlight and I don't think it will be my last.
Glad you found something you will enjoy for years to come but it won't be your last. :) What about a single Quark 123 S2 for your pocket or backup... hmmmm...:devil:

HIDblue

Enlightened
:welcome:

And another plus of owning a P20C2 is that you can swap out the module when new emitters come out.

I own a P20C2 MKII and just bought the new XM-L module from one of the CPF dealers. The XM-L module only cost like $26...just waiting for it to arrive. Makes it a very versatile light.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was about to get the O Light M20. It would appear that LED technology has taken a step forward with the ET P20C2 & S2 .

Would there be any reason to go with the O Light M20 compared with the Eagletac P20C2??

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
I was about to get the O Light M20. It would appear that LED technology has taken a step forward with the ET P20C2 & S2 .

Would there be any reason to go with the O Light M20 compared with the Eagletac P20C2??
Either light is excellent. P20C2 puts out a lot of light. The olight would also suffice and is designed to be a weapons or law enforcement light.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either light is excellent. P20C2 puts out a lot of light. The olight would also suffice and is designed to be a weapons or law enforcement light.

Thanks Ive been looking at O light for a couple years and first thought Id get the M31. I finally decided to get the Catapault V 3 . O light has been able to establish some retail at stores and flea markets Ive been able to see and hold doth the M20 & M31.:twothumbs

I see that the single 18650 size has some advantages for EDC. I have an Eagletac 18650 T 10L light and it is solid and powerful. If the build and quality are close is there another factor to consider like the XML T6 compared to the T20 C2's XPG R5?:thinking:
If they are comparable then 700 or even 500 lumens should be brighter than 325 lumens. Since Ive been looking at the M20 for a while I have only recently learned of the T20C2 with the XM-L T6 LED.

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
P20C2 MkII is a great light. It was my first "tactical" light. I used it for over a year and it just would not die no matter what I did. I have since given it away to the son of a friend (who happens to be a cop) and the kid absolutely loves it. They both go outdoors alot, and the kid even recently got a dingy from his dad, so he gets to use it whenever they are out fishing and hiking.

Anyone considering an Olight M20 should isntead take a look at EagleTac T20C2 MkII. They both share similar specs, but T20C2 MkII is just so much more versatile.

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
I just got my T20C2 Mark II XM-L T6 720 Lumen, I also have the P20A2 Mark II XM-L T6 360 Lumen and I think they are the best light for the money.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
enomosiki said:
P20C2 MkII is a great light. It was my first "tactical" light. I used it for over a year and it just would not die no matter what I did. I have since given it away to the son of a friend (who happens to be a cop) and the kid absolutely loves it. They both go outdoors alot, and the kid even recently got a dingy from his dad, so he gets to use it whenever they are out fishing and hiking.

Anyone considering an Olight M20 should isntead take a look at EagleTac T20C2 MkII. They both share similar specs, but T20C2 MkII is just so much more versatile.

If your going weapon route then the G5 needs to be on the list you can light up and blind someone easily at 100 yards.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your going weapon route then the G5 needs to be on the list you can light up and blind someone easily at 100 yards.

I had the chance to play around with Maelstrom G5 S2 for a few minutes. Gave it to a friend as NYPD academy graduation present. He walks his beat in Bronx with it and he loves it. People he stop usually freak out about how bright it is.

"Why are you pointing that light in my face?"
"Uh... I'm pointing it down the road."

I personally have a TD-15, similar in size to the G5. I'd have to say that it's a damned good light as well. It has one of the tightest spots I've ever seen and easily lights up anything over 200 yards away.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
enomosiki said:
I had the chance to play around with Maelstrom G5 S2 for a few minutes. Gave it to a friend as NYPD academy graduation present. He walks his beat in Bronx with it and he loves it. People he stop usually freak out about how bright it is.

"Why are you pointing that light in my face?"
"Uh... I'm pointing it down the road."

I personally have a TD-15, similar in size to the G5. I'd have to say that it's a damned good light as well. It has one of the tightest spots I've ever seen and easily lights up anything over 200 yards away.

I agree. Both are a serious light canon. Most people never see it so they don't understand. Lumens does not equal throw. Personally I am not a big fan (yet) of the XM-L emitters.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. Both are a serious light canon. Most people never see it so they don't understand. Lumens does not equal throw. Personally I am not a big fan (yet) of the XM-L emitters.

Indeed. It's like comparing a birdshot to a .357. That's why I prefer to carry TD-15 over TD-15X.

Can you imagine someone making an XM-L based light with TIR specifically designed for throw, similar in size and form to G5? I'd grab that faster than you can finish saying "spaghetti".

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
enomosiki said:
Indeed. It's like comparing a birdshot to a .357. That's why I prefer to carry TD-15 over TD-15X.

Can you imagine someone making an XM-L based light with TIR specifically designed for throw, similar in size and form to G5? I'd grab that faster than you can finish saying "spaghetti".

I would as well but if they did there would not be any need for the larger lights and the companies would take a marketing/revenue hit. This is the same problem computer companies have with laptops vs net books. If you put a decent dual core and 4 gigs of RAM with some graphic capability then the entire laptop market would fall out drastically hurting the bottom line. Personally I think it is just a matter of time.