ThruNite Neutron Head Wobble

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I recently purchased a ThruNite Neutron 2A, after reading reviews here. I had read about the "head wobble" issue which occurs when you unscrew the head 1/4 turn to access the different modes.

Is this just a cosmetic issue, or does it affect waterproofing? At IPX8 the light should be darned resistant to water entry.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, wow, the marketplace. I need to learn to look there.

Looks like this needs a return, as the mfg'r is still working on the issue.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

KLowD9x

Banned
I just purchased a ThruNite Neutron 2A. The head felt a bit loose but nothing that would ever bother me. However, I managed to split the o-ring between the head and the body while playing with the light. I grabbed some green AC o-rings and found one the same size as the o-ring that came off of the light. I lubed everything up and carefully screwed the head on. The o-ring took some finesse to get under the head but once I did, it took shape and no longer has to be forced into place.

The head is about as stiff as they get now. There is zero movement and there is quite a bit more resistance to turning, which I like.

If you still have the light, see if you can get a friend at an auto parts store to give you a green AC o-ring in the same size as the o-ring on the light.