Fenix Tk60

afdk

Newly Enlightened
:huh:Who would buy this looooong D cell light? The specifications are nice but it reminds me of the Maglights. I have other lights that are much more usefull and not so long. This light is just not very carryable. Lets have some epininons on this light. I do own the Fenix LD01S and like it alot.

Last edited:

Richub

Enlightened
In my opinion the TK60 is a worthy upgrade for Maglite 4D-5D users. They know why they have or need such a big light. ;)
The TK60 also has longer run-times, up to almost twice TK41s run-times. (When using high capacity Ni-Mh rechargeable D cells)

For me, the TK60 is indeed too long and too heavy. That's why I bought the TK41.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the form factor. I have smaller lights, (Preon II, LD20 R4, TK35), but I love the 4D form factor. It has a good heft to it, for use as a baton in a pinch, and 4 quality D cells have awesome life, and they're readily accessible. It's good to have the option of lights like the TK60 and TK70, although it's also great to have items like the 1AA, 2AA, 4AA, and 2 x 18650 options out there.

bighest

Newly Enlightened
Just recieved my TK60

I am very unhappy in with the condition I received it. The glue sealant for the frame that holds the lens is blotching out which i had to cut individual pieces off, it was done terribly. The body has minor scratches, very minor and not very visible but enough to bug me. my tint is white which is good and it is very bright, alot more than the tk40. If i lived in the states i would have returned it asap, but living in South Africa it is timely and costly to send it back to the seller for a new one and i need the torch for a trip i am doing soon.

Other remarks i have for future buyers is that i like the size and feel of it. The use of only 3 D baterries if you like is fantastic and it very bright.

I do find Tk40 build quality to be much better in my opinion. I just hope my Tk70 that i have ordered come in the mint condition.

Last edited:

iqwozpoom

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I've searched the forum and haven't found the answer to my question. So here it is: Has anyone ran the tk60 on a single 26650 imr? It seems possible, I just haven't heard of anyone doing it.

Thanks for any input, iqwxpoom.