Thank you for this forum

Size15's

Flashaholic
You're most welcome,

Let us know how you get on. We have other sections here if you want to explore more dedicated spot/search lights.

Al

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maxabeam... MegaRay... Kum Kang... Powerful lights which will stop and make someone squirm from a 1 kilometer away... (on tightest focus that is)

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to try playing around with some sort of yellow filter for your US, like a fog light. TX

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Rancher,

Welcome to CPF. It's a great group.

Here is my $0.02 from the peanut gallery, I suggest that you consider getting (or borrowing) a night vision goggles or monocular.

Have somebody with a regular light turned on going around on the ATV in the suspects area, and you have someone hoof it around with the NV equipment. Bet you'll find your suspect somewhat quicker.

Lessee now, 50 head herd, minus 1-2 head @ month, that is about a 4% attrition rate, in three months, you've lost 10% of your herd. Nice if you can afford it, but it sounds like a lot to me.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Rancher

Newly Enlightened
As a retired Non-Destructive Testing Diver I've had a lot of experience with surface supplied high wattage lighting but limited exposure to battery supplied handlights except for the run of the mill MagLights and the like, Now being retired I own a small ranch in Eastern Manatee County Florida, I patrol my 400 acres which holds 50 head of beef cattle, more of a hobby then a money feed lot, but I do loose 1-2 head a month due to migrant farm hands in the area and thanks to this forum I just purchased a Streamlite Ultra Stinger to help me light up the 1-200 yards of lighting perameters that I'll need to hopfully put this pilferage to an end,at this point its become more of a game then a serious problem,I hope the US on full foscus will be able to cut thru the low laying ground fog that is in the field,thanks to all of you who have offered comments on the US and helped me make my decision I believe the US will be much more sporting then the 12 volt #45678 aircraft lighting light I now use on my A.T.V. (as a sidebar I give the farm pickers a side of beef every couple of months for their barbacues and never get invited and they don't even work for me.So the game is afoot.
Thanks Again
Neil Bishop

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Hell of a game. I'd suggest night vision and an Armalite with tracers. Nothing says "not welcome" quite like a round flying over your head.

Even if they're working in darkness, you should be able to see them from 200+ yards with gen 3, on a dark night. If they have lights, or a fire, more like a mile plus. Good luck, and welcome.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you want to keep it a game that is probably in opposition to a "tradition" on your newly acquired piece of land; I would think that Albany Tom's suggestion of night vision might be something you would enjoy. Believe me, I understand "traditions". By contrast, I would think that Armalites might excellerate the game to something more serious.

I think I hear ya. You don't want to stomp them out. You just want to keep them corraled. Maybe let them know how the cow eats the cabbage and who owns the cabbage patch.