Bay Area Night Hike 7/29/2011 at Hayward Regional Shoreline in Alameda County..8~10PM

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I want to see if you are interested in seeing some cool throwers and insane brute lumen lights in action. I hope to showcase a 6K Lumen Tripple SST-90 build. I Know some will bring some HID's and custom lights too:eek::whistle::touche:

Here is the Location: Looks nice and Flat so no excuses.....no Dogs allowed on trail:(, but at least its open till dark and easy flat walk for all local CPF folks to be able to join.
http://bahiker.com/eastbayhikes/hrs.html

It closes at 10PM, but if we end up being there till 11PM I can see it being okay too and it wouldnt be totally un-expected.

July 29, 2011 from 8PM~10 or 11PM.

Attendees:
Jose -bigchelis = will be there
Jaundice = Will be there
PCC = will be there
Kramer5150 = will be there
elumen8 = will be there
JaKe25 = will be there
egrep = will be there
csshih = will be there
duffman= will be there
gswitter = will be there

Last edited:

jaundice

Enlightened
I'm 90% that I'll be there, with a Mac's Mini HID and a Fivemega FM3H head.

-John

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm also 90% sure I can make it. I'll be the guy who's travelling light and as a result I'll be the least bright guy there :D

C'mon, bigC, you should have known to put my name on the list before you submitted the post as we discussed this the other day at your place.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know PCC, but I wanted to make sure the 7/29/2011 Date was okay with you/wife schedule:nana:

You should take that L1 custom you been working on. Those little Surefires are always bad a** especially when you have them customized.:thumbsup:

Jose

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the 29th is open for me. I'll bring an HID or two.

-Jamie

Thanks Jamie.

Since this place has alot of nice flat trails that go hundreds of yards. It will be a perfect opportunity to test out some HID Throw lights.

Jose

archer6817j

Enlightened
Awe nuts, I think I'll be driving back from Idaho that night. If I get back soon enough I'll try and make it! I think I need a bigger boat...err...light.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Oh sh|t... you guys are doing an HID shootout? been a while since we've done that. The east bay hill trails are wide open flat fire road trails, flood is going to be pretty useless, other than lighting up the trail.

Count me in fellas!!... Not sure how I'm gonna carry this thing on the trail though. Lucky for me its lighter than Jakes POB. Hopefully there will be some cloud cover, and we can scorch the sky with some good home brewed cloud cookin'. Animal Mother style...

myspace2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_dWKAfZvI8

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad we got 6 people already.

Man my poor 80watt LED flood light is going to be spanked by all those throwers:shakehead

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, boy, looks like I'm bringing a knife to a gun fight since I don't own any HIDs and my brightest light is around 650 lumens. Oh, well, maybe I will just show up without any lights and let you guys light things up for me. :D Hehe, travelling really light! :p

Or what about those Turbo heads you have in a 6P type light with XR-E R2 EZ900's you have. Not going to be 100's of 1m lux like HID but definitely a thrower.

bigC

kramer5150

Flashaholic
... Oh, well, maybe I will just show up without any lights and let you guys light things up for me. :D Hehe, travelling really light! :p

Oh no... don't do that, I only get ~35-40 minutes on a charge. We'll need something with some run time.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be there if I can, but I'm not sure yet. Probably won't have a definitive answer until that week.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its looking good. We should be at least 8 people strong.

I should also have my XR-E R2 copper to LED heatsink build done by then. This is just:
  • LumaPower D-Mini w/18650 body
  • 66mm SMO Reflector/bezel set-up, which throws a much tighter beam then Solarforce Masterpiece Pro 1.
  • XR-E R2 with copper slug heatsink for Direct Drive
  • LED to copper bonding
  • 1.8A~2A to the LED via IMR 18650 in DD mode:naughty:
  • 80K lux or so.
Previously with Nailbender P60 drop-in pill which was putting out 290 OTF at 1.3A it was 78K lux. Now at 2A and a top top top bin from cutterelectronics.com it should do at least 80K lux.

Jaundice my expected 80K lux will not stand a chance against HID's, but I want to see how it keeps up against your 2.5in Throwmaster and other incandescent turbo bezels you will have:thumbsup:

Jose