Bay Area Night Hike 7/29/2011 at Hayward Regional Shoreline in Alameda County..8~10PM

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I was goin bring my Pro-1...wah wah...

Well, technically its cheating on my part because the TurboForce bezel is bigger and deeper than the Pro-1. So, it better throw more (which it does).

If anybody has a Surefire L1 with Luxeon emitter Gen 5. These have longer round body L1 with domed TiR Optic and Luxeon emitter. I never seen these mysterious beams and hear they are not that nice. Just curious I guess. Probably Gswitter has a couple of them:whistle::whistle:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I was at Davis this weekend helping my niece move into her new place, crossed over 92 and onto 880 right past the area by the park. its a REALLY flat and open nature preserve, open fire road adjacent to swamp marsh areas. We shouldn't have any problems lugging around heavy gear for the night.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested but not sure what my schedule is like. =/

The more the mary. Bring some throwers!

Can someone bring a Camera and Tripod. It would be good to take pictures of some high power lights to let people know how they compare in real life.

Make sure to top off youre cells.

bigC

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anybody has a Surefire L1 with Luxeon emitter Gen 5. These have longer round body L1 with domed TiR Optic and Luxeon emitter. I never seen these mysterious beams and hear they are not that nice. Just curious I guess. Probably Gswitter has a couple of them:whistle::whistle:
Just one, but I replaced the head... :)

ganpa19l1.jpg

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be bringing only a few lights and a camera.
if Jason comes I won't be bringing my beloved alpha. :)

Craig

Edit: my family might come too, if so, I don't need a ride from Jose.

Last edited:

egrep

Enlightened
I live 'right down the street' in Fremont. I'll bring my Gavina 123/18650, Dark Sucks MC18-B, A few Lite Flux (2,3,4) & 1W Blue Laser.Just in case anyone is interested. Nothing bright, 'cept maybe the BC40 :)

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live 'right down the street' in Fremont. I'll bring my Gavina 123/18650, Dark Sucks MC18-B, A few Lite Flux (2,3,4) & 1W Blue Laser.Just in case anyone is interested. Nothing bright, 'cept maybe the BC40 :)

That makes us 10 strong!

bigC

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

I see your 445nm Laser and bet with my 532nm green 1/4th watt ;)

Craig

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hey all. Doesn't look like I'll make it back to Cali in time for the hike :( Craig, don't forget to bring my light with you :) I've been doing some hiking in Idaho and it's pretty awesome if I don't say so my self! I bought a Deree (sp?) light DBS XML just for fun. It throws, but terrible for hiking.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all. Doesn't look like I'll make it back to Cali in time for the hike :( Craig, don't forget to bring my light with you :) I've been doing some hiking in Idaho and it's pretty awesome if I don't say so my self! I bought a Deree (sp?) light DBS XML just for fun. It throws, but terrible for hiking.

Jason,
Don't worry. Well set-up another Hike for next month too. The DBS lights are pretty cool and they are 100% P60 pill compatible which makes them even more cool.

I will be there around 7:40ish tonight. My 4D Mag Tripple SST-90 ended up taking longer then expected. So, no 6000 lumens monster for this hike afterall. Here is the link if you want to see what I will definitely have next time:
http://flashlightnews.net/forum/index.php?topic=2619.0

Craig,
Call me if you end up needing a ride afterall.

Thank you all,
Jose

jaundice

Enlightened
Jose;

Can you please bring your sphere? I need to test a couple of lights. We can leave them in the car while we hike.

-John

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry about bailing at the last minute, but I'm not going to be able to make it tonight.

Next time...

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forget on line directions they are wrong

It's I Fremont in paseo padre and commerce right in front of those cross streets is the parking

duffman

Newly Enlightened
Forget on line directions they are wrong

It's I Fremont in paseo padre and commerce right in front of those cross streets is the parking

Wah.. Just got home from Hayward. I thought it was weird being the only one. I'll see you guys next time then.

jaundice

Enlightened
Duffman;

You weren't the only only one. I just got home, myself. I went to the entrance off Bondoni, and only saw two cars there. I drove all the way around the park to Cabot, and that had a "no trespassing" sign. It was dark by then, and I didn't see any high powered flashlights lighting up the scenery, so I figured I missed you guys for good.

Oh well, maybe next time. It was pretty cold and windy out there, anyways.

-John