DEFT FTP now has a yellowish tint :( any suggestions?

ow!myeyez

Newly Enlightened
I have had this DEFT FTP since last year and it just absolutely blows your mind!! As im sure you all know. Anyways recently the light has just turned from a monster thrower with a bright spotlight to a yellowish tint that is very weak. i put in fresh lithium AA's but still the same result. It's quite sad that i can't make a white laser beam into the sky anymore. Any suggestions or reasons why it has become this color? Any fixes.. i miss it

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
DEFT FTP now has a yellowish tint :( any suggestions?

Congrats you have unlocked the easter egg & now have a DEFT "warm" FTP!

If that's a feature you don't care for, hopefully the warranty is at least a year?

ow!myeyez

Newly Enlightened
Congrats you have unlocked the easter egg & now have a DEFT "warm" FTP!

If that's a feature you don't care for, hopefully the warranty is at least a year?

Aww im all for Easter but this is one warm golden egg that needs to revert back to a cool white egg if you know what i mean. The beam is dramatically not the same anymore and the once "oooh and ahhhs" that the sight of it produced are gone..

I never knew there was a warranty for my Deft unless your kidding.... i don't remember the sellers name.. SAAblaster i think..

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's saabluster, if you want to PM him but I'm sure he'll spot this thread soon enough.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's saabluster, if you want to PM him but I'm sure he'll spot this thread soon enough.
Indeed. Consider it spotted.

I have had this DEFT FTP since last year and it just absolutely blows your mind!! As im sure you all know. Anyways recently the light has just turned from a monster thrower with a bright spotlight to a yellowish tint that is very weak. i put in fresh lithium AA's but still the same result. It's quite sad that i can't make a white laser beam into the sky anymore. Any suggestions or reasons why it has become this color? Any fixes.. i miss it
Most likely the phosphor is toast. I have seen this on one other one. Just PM me your email address and info and I will get in touch about fixing it.