Think I found my light: Klarus XT10

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
However, it uses these Batteries: 2 x CR123A / 1 x 18650 / 2 x 1634. I was partial to a different light because it uses AA's. I know nothing about these batts so how available are they and can AA's be used with some sort of adapter?

Thanks.

Oh and I found it through one of the sponsors ads on this site last night and see they post here or did. :)

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
Well, crap. After reading through that forum and seeing that NiMH batts in 18650 seemingly do not exist [[via Google search]] in the Volts the light uses and that I have enough health issues on the serious side I may go back to my other first choice. I like everything about the light and even tho it costs a few $$ more [[a real consideration to me in my situation]] I am just not sure I want to deal with the risks involved with Li-ion at this point in life.

~sigh~ and all I wanted to know was if there was a battery adapter ti rub AA's in it.

Napalm

Enlightened
Well on the safe side you can settle on a 2xAA (lots of choices) or 4xAA if you need more lumens (3 choices right now, Fenix LD40, Jetbeam PA40 and Sunwayman M40A - or you may wait to see what Zebralight is coming up with). If you need tons of lumens there are some 6xAA (ITP Polestar A6) and 8xAA (Fenix TK41) lights. If you prefer D size cells there's the TK60 and the TK70 monster.

Nap.

cnbmis

Newly Enlightened
That looks like a great light, and I would encourage you to not abandon it due to cell type/size. I have been using an Ultrafire (I'm cheap!) XR-E R2WC light that has a similar drive voltage of 3.0-8.4 and had no issues using either primary CR123 (16340) (Surefire branded) or rechargeable RCR123 - the RCR's are grey label "Trustfire" and were used with a charger of no particular brand. Nothing blew up, leaked, or gave me any cause for concern.

The light and batteries were subjected to a number of incidental drops in & out of use, neither with any sign of distress. The RCR's are protected-type, so they shutoff when run too hot or low. Primaries I have run quite hot for extended periods without any issues, both in this light and a smaller keychain light that uses a single 123.

I am awaiting delivery of a new light that uses 18650 cells, and will be getting rechargeables in this format. The switch on my other one failed after 2.5 years, so I hope to find something to replace that switch with in time.

Either way, hope you find something that works well for you.

Chris

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
Well I have the EagleTac P20A2 MKII and the Fenix TK45 on my list at A-zon to get one in August but if the goobermint collapses I won't live that long anyway because of the med issues. Such is life.

Napalm

Enlightened
If it collapses you'll definitely need a flashlight (check the zombie apocalypse threads) :p

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
If it collapses you'll definitely need a flashlight (check the zombie apocalypse threads) :p

True but I'd rather junker down up in a tree or do it like Will Smith in "I am Legend" and have more ammo. :p