ZebraLight SC Series seals.

Glock27

Enlightened
What makes the seal on the lens and switch on the Zebralight SC series? It appears to be a stainless to aluminum press fit seal. Are they, or the tailcap seal the weakest link?

G27

JNieporte

Enlightened
The lens is double O-ring (one on the inside of the lens and one on the outside of the lens) sealed, not sure about the switch. I would imagind there's an O-ring in there. The tailcap is sealed with a (thicker than the lens O-rings) O-ring. I put my SC30w in a glass of water to test water proofness, and it passed. My buddy's SC50 also passed.

Glock27

Enlightened
I was asking about the SC series seals because they are fundamentally different than most other lights.
Most lights have 4 points where water could enter the light. Front lens, head, tail cap, and switch boot.
On the ZebraLight SCs, the only user serviceable O-ring is in the tail cap. The Glass and switch is press fit into their respective openings.
If the press fit seals are as robust as they seem, there would be only 1 water entry point to worry about.

G27

Glock27

Enlightened
Heard back from ZebraLight:
"Yes, the tail cap o-ring is the weakest link, mostly because the screw/unscrew actions, especially if not properly greased. ZebraLight headlamps share the same design philosophy (uni-body for better heat management and waterproofness)."

G27