Affordable, Neutral AAA, 2xAAA, and 2xAA Lights?

gladis

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, after buying WW lights and getting my first NW light last year (an LD25), I'm convinced that neutral is the best, not looking yellowish indoors and not being to blue outside, and helps me control my light buying addiction (since there are relatively few of these lights)

I'm curious as to what's out there in the AAA (keychain EDC) and 2xAAA (penlight) formats. While I know of some Romisens with 2xAA, I don't think there are many out there, and I know of NO light in the AAA formats.

So, what's out there? I'd prefer to keep it <$50, and 2-3 modes. (I'd appreciate 1xAA lights as well, though not as necessary)

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAA = DQG II in XPG R4 neutral (group buy going on at the marketplace right now)
AAA = EagleTac PN20a

2AA = EagleTac P20A2 MKII (you must specify neutral since it is also available in cool)
2AA = Dereelight Javelin (you must specify neutral since it is also available in cool)
2AA = Malkoff M31w (can put it in a cheap solarforce L2r or more expensive "little twisty")
2AA = Thrunite Neutron (also available in cool. Some neutrals have been very warm so you have to ask the seller for a true neutral)
2AA = Fenix LD25 (you already have one)
2AA = EagleTac P100A2 (you must specify neutral since it is also available in cool)

2AAA = EagleTac PN20a2 (you must specify neutral since it is also available in cool)

There are also quite a few 1AA lights in neutral but you did not ask for that.

Some of those are more than $50 but not by much with CPF discount. Also, Shiningbeam has quite a few budget lights with a neutral tint.

Last edited:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xeno E03 XM-L neutral white 1xAA

+1! Just got mine today from TacticalHID.com and it's a great little light.

I don't normally care for the 'Fenix UI'; M-L-H but the tint is great, the size is no larger than any other 1xAA light, and it's plenty bright on a Duraloop (and it's mind-blowing on a 14500!).

I'll be using mine for EDC backup and bike light duty. In fact, I'm planning on buying a second one for my bike to have two on the bars.

tam17

Enlightened
The one I know is Fenix E21 b/c I was considering to buy one. It was one of the first from Fenix to use NW as a standard and was available in local shops for a fair price. It's 2xAA NW, 2-mode (48/135lm).

It's quite similar to LD25 and has no low "Low" though: this might be a problem.

Cheers,

Tam

Sales Link Removed Rule #6 notice how tre managed a nice list of lights with no sales links - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

robostudent5000

Enlightened
aren't there some Peak lights available in neutral tints and close to $50?

the only other light that i can think of that hasn't been mentioned and fits the OP's criteria is the N-light B3 3C (AAA) .

Last edited:

gladis

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I was going to ask everyone to suggest 1xAA lights too, but couldn't edit the title. I like the form factor for keeping around in the car or in the disaster bag for their use of common batteries and only needing 1 cell.

Seems there really aren't that many neutral lights out there. Makes me wonder where the supply goes...

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems there really aren't that many neutral lights out there. Makes me wonder where the supply goes...

There are a ton of neutral lights out there. You only asked for a small subset of them. So far I count somewhere between 16 and 18 suggested in this thread alone and those are only off the top of peoples heads (and lights that use 2 or less AA or AAA alkaline batteries).

single AA neutral:

Zebralight SC51w (my favorite)
Spark SL5 neutral
Zebralight H51w
Thrunite Neutron 1AA
Xeno E03

Last edited:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one I know is Fenix E21 b/c I was considering to buy one. It was one of the first from Fenix to use NW as a standard and was available in local shops for a fair price. It's 2xAA NW, 2-mode (48/135lm).

It's quite similar to LD25 and has no low "Low" though: this might be a problem.

Cheers,

Tam

Sales Link Removed Rule #6 notice how tre managed a nice list of lights with no sales links - Norm

The neutral E21 was a limited production run; not a 'standard' model that is in regular production and always available. The neutral E21's are long since gone. The only place I can think of where you might be able to find one is on the marketplace now; you could post that you're looking for one and see if you get any hits.

tam17

Enlightened
The neutral E21 was a limited production run; not a 'standard' model that is in regular production and always available. The neutral E21's are long since gone

Well, I stand corrected then :eek: My local distributor had them in stock until recently, so it seemed like a full production run. I've bought 1AA instead and didn't regret it (not a Neutral White, though).

Cheers,

Tam