Fenix E15. Any Thoughts From Owners?

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
The little Fenix E15 looks like a neat little light. What do you owners think about it?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup: I've only had a Fenix E15 for a few days, and I'm impressed so far. It is so small for the amount of light emitted and has been serving as my EDC light.

The E15 first comes on at a brightness level I like (75 lumens). What's more, it doesn't heat up too fast at that level, though it only takes a few seconds to feel the light grow warm when set at the 140 lumen level.

The tint is somewhere between neutral and slightly cool -- very pleasant.

The E15 is smaller than my single mode Peak P4 Caribbean but has a lanyard attachment point lacking in the Peak's shortest ("pocket") body. The E15's knurling makes it easier to grip. I had to add a few O-rings around the outside of the Caribbean's body to improve its grip so I could hold the light without dropping it.

I haven't yet experienced any mode skipping problems.

Concerns? The O-ring is very thin and I wonder how long it will last. Luckily, a spare O-ring is provided.

Last edited:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The other E15 thread probably has lots of info in there.

I've always liked the small 1xCR123A cell lights. The P1, and P1D became my most used in this format, but the Bitz was also a really nice while slightly larger light that I still like for it's knurling and beam. The E15 is a basic no nonsense type of light, but still offers 3 levels. Like Parnass, one of my favorite features of the E15 is the first level, simply because I can turn it on and if I need to tail stand it, it seems to run fine at that level without getting very hot at all when just sitting on the counter or desk. This is perfect for me. It's nice to use it with ceiling bounce for some late night computing or what have you.

The E15 is pretty stiff to turn, not because the the quality of the threads, but because it is a no spring light and there is a fair amount of pressure on the threads as you tighten it for on. I'm not sure yet on the long term durability of this particular crusher design, but I think Fenix would have done enough testing so I'm optamistic that it will be fine. The force may also depend on the particular battery, which is not quite as nice as it could be.

I would have prefered a slightly different tail design that is more flat and has the attachment point just on one edge like the Bitz or even just the 4 point pattern of the P1D, I have no idea why they moved to the less stable 3 point design.

Overall the light seems great, and is available at a great price point.

Last edited:

rhpdchief

Newly Enlightened
As was stated above it can be difficult to twist but there is a really easy fix for that. The battery rests on a rubber washer that holds the three prong negative battery contact in place. Both the washer and the contact can be easily removed with a pair of tweezers. Some batteries, like a Surefire 123, have a thick wrapper around the bottom corner of the cell. The wrapper is what rests on the rubber washer. A thick wrapper creates too much distance between the negative end of the cell and the 3 prong contact. Simply remove the washer and the contacts and slightly bend the 3 prongs upward. Make small adjustments until everything works just the way you want it to. Mine was a battery crusher with Surefire 123's but now it's buttery smooth and perfect. When done correctly there should be no battery rattle either. If the light is smooth to operate but there is rattle bend the prongs down ever so slightly.
The E15 is a great edc light. I love mine and carry it all the time.

Nytern

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

I've had 2 of these on my car keys for about a month now.. I absolutely love them, but there is one thing that's annoying me a bit..

The screw resistance are different on the two E15's I've got...

One turns quite easily and the other must be operated with both hands to change modes.

I've got the same Duracell batteries in both..

It's not a dealbreaker for me though, thinking of buying more of these. I got the JetBeam BC10 in the mail today and I must say that I'd choose the E15 over the BC10. It isn't that less powerful and the build quality feels better.

Don't know if I helped you out, but in my eyes the E15 is a charming little pocket rocket! :)

pinetree89

Enlightened
Been carrying mine off and on for a month or so now. Seems to be holding up very well. I too like the Medium 75lm on first feature. The outer lens appears to be made of polycarbonate so it is a little more prone to scratching than glass, but just small micro scratches nothing notable in the beam.

Love the knurling, it's awesome. Great size to weight, to lumens ratio. Tint is creamy white. Threads on my example are very tight. Very nice light for the price. I'm quite satisfied with mine.