looking for info on speed holster

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
Hello,
I am a noob here, and from the Netherlands, so my English won't be perfect, sorry for that.

In my work we use tactical lights. Not for mounting on a firearm, but we use it in hand to hand combat.
So, we had a company develop the best Tactical Light for our work, and now we need a good working speed holster carrying the TL upside down.
The size of the TL is about the size of the Fenix TK12 and the Sunwayman T20C.
I already tried the Blackhawk, speed holster, but our TL is falling out several times a day.
Also the Nite Ize and the SureFire V70, but both don't do the job as we like to.

So, what we are looking for is,
a holster that we can draw the TL with 1 hand. . .fast,
the TL may not fall out easy,
the TL has to be carried upside down, so with the switch side up.
Should be great if it can pivot around on the belt, like the Nite Ize.
Thanks for all the advice or tips.

friendly regards
Grizz

Last edited:

00Moonshine

Newly Enlightened
I'm afraid I can't offer any help on your search for a speed holster for a flashlight. However, my curiosity overwhelms me. What kind of work do you do that you'd carry a flashlight as a weapon? And how do you use a light as a weapon? Like a kubotan or yawara?

Last edited:

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
I have been a Law enforcement officer for almost 40 Years, about half that time in Special Forces. Since the last 10 Years I train police officers at the Amsterdam Police Academy.
You know what Pepper spray, Tear gas, and a hand over the eyes do to opponents?
Yep, take away their sight.
That is exactly what the right Tactical Lights (if used properly) can do. They can't see what's coming.
We developed special Tactical Lights (build to our requirements) and a hand to hand combat training that makes full use of the blinding/strobe effect of a TL.
These lights need to have the Strobe as main mode (every time You switch it of, no matter what mode You are in, it will come back on in Strobe mode.)
Did You ever had to trie to find the right mode when Your attacked and the stress level is coming out of Your ears?
So, a small high powered tactical light, momentary switch on the back, NO other switches, tactical holster, and several other requirements, is what we need/partly already have.

Last edited:

cistallus

Enlightened
I've seen others mention Ripoffs holsters, maybe one of theirs would work - ripoffs dot com.

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
With 438 lm flashing from 1 yard in Your eyes. . . .you don't need it to be dark.:+)
We use it 24 hours a day.
Indeed, in low light and no light conditions it works better. Then again, most fighting appears after sunset.

Thanks cistallus, ill have a look at Ripoffs.

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
Hmmm, My German is better then my English :+) so, thats a great link. I'll contact the guy.
Thanks Erzengel.

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
It comes even better, It turns out, that a guy in Amsterdam sells them. I'll buy one Fryday and keep You posted.
Thanks a lot, Your an Erzengel :+)

artikel0000174326b-M.jpg

It also looks very much like the
Brite Strike BTL Quick Cam ROTO-LOC ?
Pity They will charge me $43 just shipping cost alone, from the US.

Last edited: