Suggestions for a 300-1000+ Lumen Light?

bodybagged

Newly Enlightened
:wave: Alright guys... I'm looking to upgrade to better lights. Currently I'm using a MagCharger with a Terralux LED drop in that is supposed to put out around 600 lumens. As my secondary I'm using a Surefire 6P with a M60(I think) drop-in the light is also bored to use a 18650 batt.

So here is what I'm looking for..... 2 lights. One to replace each of those.

I want a surefire type/style (can be 6P or 9P sized) light that puts out over 300 LUMENS the more the better.
The important requirements of this light is that it must have rechargeble batteries (18650 or similar) that can be easily recharged. The light must also be ready-to-go, and be durable as this light is used nightly, on in a combat/law enforcement type zones.

The second light is to replace the mag-charger. This light can be a large MagCharger sized light but must be a beast. I want to use this as my search light so I need it to have 800+ LUMENS. Again, with this light the more the better. This light can be a flood or have good throw either will work.
As with the first light the requirements for this light is that it is ready-to-go, MUST be easily rechargeable, and must be durable.

Please post your suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:

whizdumb

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTB: 300-1000+ LUMEN Ready-to-go Lights I NEED TWO!

For your high output spotlight.. check this out.. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ion-1000-Lumens&highlight=mag+charger+upgrade

For your lower output 18650 light.. Might I recommend a Lumapower Trust Model 2. I EDC one of these bad boys and it is tough as nails with great output.. if that doesnt tickle you fancy try an O-Light m20s XM-L version.. I have the R5 and I love it.. Great light.. instant access to strobe and 18650 format.

I Don't have anything to sell you personally.. but thats my opinion on the matter.

red_hackle

Enlightened

Overindulged a little recently so here is my proposal for your first light:

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

Mint Surefire 6P bored and hard-anodised by Oveready, upgraded with a McClicky switch (if you're interested you can chosse between the orange clicky boot shown or a black one) and stainless steel bezel ring. The drop-in is a potted nailbender 2-mode XM-L drop-in. Proven and easily upgradeable design with all the upgrades to make it even tougher... yours for $199 (incl. PayPal fees; plus shipping).

Obviously, if you're happy with the 6P host you've got I would suggest shopping around for a drop-in and possibly switch replacement...

Last edited:

bodybagged

Newly Enlightened

For your high output spotlight.. check this out.. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ion-1000-Lumens&highlight=mag+charger+upgrade

For your lower output 18650 light.. Might I recommend a Lumapower Trust Model 2. I EDC one of these bad boys and it is tough as nails with great output.. if that doesnt tickle you fancy try an O-Light m20s XM-L version.. I have the R5 and I love it.. Great light.. instant access to strobe and 18650 format.

I Don't have anything to sell you personally.. but thats my opinion on the matter.
Funny you u sent me that first link cause I just sent him a PM! Looks like a great light.

bodybagged

Newly Enlightened

Overindulged a little recently so here is my proposal for your first light:

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

Mint Surefire 6P bored and hard-anodised by Oveready, upgraded with a McClicky switch (if you're interested you can chosse between the orange clicky boot shown or a black one) and stainless steel bezel ring. The drop-in is a potted nailbender 2-mode XM-L drop-in. Proven and easily upgradeable design with all the upgrades to make it even tougher... yours for $199 (incl. PayPal fees; plus shipping).

Obviously, if you're happy with the 6P host you've got I would suggest shopping around for a drop-in and possibly switch replacement...

What's the LUMEN output on this drop in?

flashmenow

Newly Enlightened

Have a look see here at sbflashlight. They are offering up the L2T Solarforce host along with a XM-L Drop in for 34.00 bucks. It's a heck of a good deal on a ready to go light. Only thing I would add on the quick would be the pocket clip.

link removed, search sbflashlight

Last edited:

bodybagged

Newly Enlightened

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast

LUMEN output on this? And what's the deal with needing magnets and such?

I make the adapter a little longer, with protected 18650 only a pair of magnets is need it, I can give you 3 batteries for free, non protected...

Output, very close to 1800 lumens

Last edited:

flashmenow

Newly Enlightened

It's a standard host that sells for 18 bucks. The dropin if bought alone is about 20~ So they are offering a package deal. I would say more realistic output is 500+ perhaps 600 LM The XM-L dropin I have drives at about 2.8amps. (solarforce) reference.

I have several of these hosts and they are surprisingly good quality.

here is one with a Solarforce A001 head/bezel.

better.jpg

Last edited:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you looking for a custom made light or cheap solar-whatever crap ( no offense) ? Because if you looking for cheap , you are in the wrong section , you may want to post over at the marketplace.

I will also refrain from posting links to outside sale sites on the customs section...

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator

I'm assuming the OP posted in the custom forum because they were looking for custom or modified lights, all future posts should refer to lights that fit this catorgry.

If on the other hand the OP is looking for lights from larger manufacturers, this post should be closed and a WTB placed in the marketplace. - Norm

Last edited:

bodybagged

Newly Enlightened

I'm assuming the OP posted in the custom forum because they were looking for custom or modified lights, all future posts should refer to lights that fit this catorgry.

If on the other hand the OP is looking for lights from larger manufacturers, this post should be closed and a WTB placed in the marketplace. - Norm

Norm,

Since I am looking for two lights, I am looking for at least one custom, two custom, or a combo of a custom, and a manufactured light. So I am open to all ideas. So far it seems that for the search light I am definitely looking for a custom light.

DM51

Flashaholic

This is not a proper WTB.

Threads posted in the C&M B/S/T section must identify a precise light. It is not appropriate for a WTB to give a rough specification and solicit tenders. Some items suggested might be suitable, but others are for non-custom items that have no place in the C&M B/S/T section.

I'm going to change the thread title to remove the "WTB" prefix and move the thread to a more appropriate section. If/ when the OP has identified the exact light he wants, he may then post a WTB either here in C&M B/S/T, or in the MP, as appropriate.

Last edited:

bodybagged

Newly Enlightened

This is not a proper WTB.

Threads posted in the C&M B/S/T section must identify a precise light. It is not appropriate for a WTB to give a rough specification and solicit tenders. Some items suggested might be suitable, but others are for for non-custom items that have no place in the C&M B/S/T section.

I'm going to change the thread title to remove the "WTB" prefix and move the thread to a more appropriate section. If/ when the OP has identified the exact light he wants, he may then post a WTB either here in C&M B/S/T, or in the MP, as appropriate.

With all due respect due to the fact that I don't have intimate knowledge of custom lights I made the thread in hopes that someone who has a light for sale, that might meet my needs would post it in this thread.

Also, if a light is "Custom" how would I know what specific custom light somone might have for sale?

DM51

Flashaholic

I made the thread in hopes that someone who has a light for sale, that might meet my needs would post it in this thread.

if a light is "Custom" how would I know what specific custom light somone might have for sale?

Please re-read the last sentence of my post.