Skilhunt Defier X3 Tint comparison

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I compared the tints of a few XM-L based lights against the Defier X3.
It does very well against other XM-Ls that I have tested.
Pictured here is the Spark SL5-190NW, Skilhunt Defier X3, 4 Sevens Maelstrom X10, and 4 Sevens Quark MiniX123.
To my eye, the Spark is Neutral white, The Skilhunt is White, the 4 Sevens X10 is a bit on the Yellowish side, and the 4 Sevens Quark MiniX123 is more Blue. These are my observations of the samples that I have of these lights.

This is a quick shot. I have others I will post as soon as I expand my setup to do another set of shots. I am also planning to do an outdoor XM-L shootout soon.
GL

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
The picture shows how widely the tint can vary within the same bin.

I'd have to say that SL5-190NW is warm and X10 leans towards neutral, though.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good job. Got lumens? :twothumbs

I think Defier X3 tint is (pure) white as well.

Your beamshot show the characteritics of the lights tint very well. Thanks for your effort.

clg0159

Enlightened
Well, that certainly looks white to me as well. Is this typical of Skilhunt lights? I wonder if they are selecting tints or just lucked out with a good batch?

Thanks for the beamshot comparison GL!

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will try this against the X1, X2, X3, and XT tommorow night!
Interesting is that the Rambles that uses XP-G and the Iota that uses XP-E are also very very white as well.
I think that they may have a premium source for thier Cree supplier. The tints do suggest this.
GL

Last edited:

clg0159

Enlightened
It certainly would be nice to have a manufacturer that is consistently using premium tinted white bins! Looking at other reviews I see the same relative tint (or lack of).