For UK flashaholics only.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Homebase (a UK DIY chain) are selling an unusual aluminium 2D and 4D, matt black finish, solid build, with engraved lines down the long axis. It has an 8-sided cross-section. There is a strange narrow ~0.80" neck section, before the head widens out to the round ~2.5" reflector. Prices about £20-23. Only info on the pack is R.G.E. (Imports) Ltd, East Sussex, TN5 6PQ. No tel no, or link that I could find.

Homebase also have a small range of other cheap and colourful transparent plastic torches at ~£2.50 - £12. They are still introducing new stock, so there could be more.

NOTE - Also, there seem to be so few of we UK flashaholics. If something important, (not this particular issue, but something else) comes up, we should be able to contact each other.

If anyone is interested, then e-mail me, and I'll put together a list of the UK Flashaholics. Of course, where confidentiality is required, then don't send no e-mail, but if people update the profile to -put their place of origin as UK, and choose -allow private messages, then that would make it possible.

( Apart from that, I enjoy seeing the places people come from,
"…a guy in Hong Kong, and I also got some advice from a guy in Rio", kind of thing. )

What about the other Europeans ?

The UK mob so far seems to be Size15's, crunchybits, Ant, Chris M, me …

Lite-lover
smile.gif
rolleyes.gif
blush.gif
wink.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Well no matter what the papers say, I'm a European Englishman.

Phantomas2002,
Since I could meet you for lunch, order the meal and tell you all the boring things I had to learn to say in German, and be back home in time for 'tea'...

Anyway, those Aluminium torches (see I'm writing in English
grin.gif
wink.gif
) sound like those from "Asia" or "China" linked in a post relating to the SureFire rip-offs. Remember?

Lite-Lover,
When did you last go to SpyCatcher? ...What do you mean?! Most people go to Knightsbridge for Harrods, I go for SureFires!

Al
grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
How can we have more than one Welshman here?!
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

I've been to Wales.
One of the trips was to visit a friend studying "International Politics, Espionage and Intelligence Studies"
shocked.gif
at the University I couldn't get in to because you have to be able to correctly (1)say it's name, and (2)spell it... Most people call it "Aber".
tongue.gif

It didn't rain for one afternoon and the sun (you know?) came out
cool.gif
. So we went caving...

I've got a Welsh uncle [in law] but he lives in England so that's okay.
wink.gif

You'd expect Scotch people to use torches a lot as it's so dark "up North" [anywhere above Watford
tongue.gif
]... But do we see them here?

Why do you think that is?!

Trying hard not to offend and keep his post vaguely torch-related...

Al
grin.gif