Fenix LD01

pk85

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. Picked up a Fenix LD01 recently for an EDC use. Pretty impressed so far.
Enough light for everyday use and great runtimes. I ran it on a fresh energizer lithium and it ran on the highest mode for close to 2 hours but was still putting out useable light after 2.5 hrs on this mode.
What's equally impressive is the size. This thing is tiny which makes it great to carry everyday. If I need anything more than this I've got a Led Lenser P7 and a Fenix LD40 which are both great flashlights. As you can see I'm definately more inclined towards standard aa and aaa run flashlights.
This is definately a flashlight I would recommend to everyone.

CyberCT

Enlightened
I completely agree! I have the model right before they switched to the XPG LED, mine still has PWM. Either way, I really like how it starts out in medium mode which is perfect for nearly everything a pocket light is needed for. If I'm out somewhere away from my other lights and need more output, the highest mode is actually pretty darn good too! I get great runtimes on my eneloops and if I think I've used it for an hour or so in a day, I just switch out the battery for another charged AAA eneloop I have stored away. It's on my keychain and while the black paint has scratched off a little, it's no big deal.

TK35

Newly Enlightened
It's a great torch. Fenix never ceases to impress me year after year.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with all the positives of the LD01, I've had one for years and it is almost always with me.

In fact, I got the special SS (stainless-steel) version, which is heavier but also a lot more tough than the standard LD01. I got several of the standard version as well.

It's so good I am regretting not getting more of the SS ones! Maybe we'll get a new special edition at some point, when the SS came out it was during Christmas, so keep a look out if you are interested as we approach the holiday season this year.

Art

Enlightened
I own over 20 lights and its the Fenix L0D Q4 that I bought 3 years ago that I still EDC and use the most.
Its just the best light you can get for EDC. I use mine with a 10440 li ion but it still runs alcalines when I need to.

I have been considering to change to a newer model... but I dont feel the need.

Good luck with yours , mine never failed and has had some difficult times :D

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys. Picked up a Fenix LD01 recently for an EDC use. Pretty impressed so far.
Enough light for everyday use and great runtimes. I ran it on a fresh energizer lithium and it ran on the highest mode for close to 2 hours but was still putting out useable light after 2.5 hrs on this mode.
What's equally impressive is the size. This thing is tiny which makes it great to carry everyday. If I need anything more than this I've got a Led Lenser P7 and a Fenix LD40 which are both great flashlights. As you can see I'm definately more inclined towards standard aa and aaa run flashlights.
This is definately a flashlight I would recommend to everyone.

I'll provide another l91 if you'll do as much again with the medium mode!