Help for a Hero?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read this story at LAPolice Gear while looking at the Surefire closeouts
maybe there is a way for this guy to get a replacement for free. If not perhaps the MODs here could organize a collection to get the $40-$50 needed now to replace his stolen light.......

All American Heros deserve the best!

Surefire True Stories - One Piece of Gear Survived
Late in 2009, my platoon deployed to Afghanistan. My team was sent into Now Zad to help take the city back from the Taliban and allow locals access back to their homes. One morning, we ran into some serious trouble. We were entering a compound, and my point man had the misfortune of stepping on an I.E.D. with forty pounds of homemade explosives. Sixty percent of my team, including myself, were down.

The most serious injuries were to my point man, who lost both legs and several fingers. I was the least injured; I had a hole through my shoulder, my ear drums blown out, and blast fragments lodged all the way up to my arm. The blast was so intense that it destroyed nearly all of my gear and even blew an arm off of my "cammies" (along with my favorite 9/11 motto patch). One piece of gear, however, did survive—my SureFire E1E. I even managed to get it all the way from Leatherneck Hospital, to Northern Afghanistan, all the way back to Germany. Unfortunately, then it was stolen from my gear bag when I went in for another surgery to remove rocks and cement bits still lodged in my skin.

Thank you, SureFire, for making such an excellent product, with attention to every little detail. Over the last three deployments, your lights have served me well.

Daniel H.
Palm Springs, CA

Roger999

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure he got his light back because people who get their story published get a $300 gift certificate.

DM51

Flashaholic
This is not an appropriate forum for launching appeals or collections. As has been pointed out, he will have received a prize for his story.

Status
Not open for further replies.