Small (keychain/pocket) Self Defense Light for my girlfriend?

TK41

Newly Enlightened
I read that high lumen lights can temporarily blind an attacker at night. I would love for my g/f to have a small, compact light with a button (not twisty top) that is strong enough to blind an attacker.

Was thinking the E15 by Fenix would be nice, but it's a twisty top :( Need something simple, fast, one hand operation, small, blinding.

Thank you

trooplewis

Newly Enlightened
Depends how much you want to spend. At the low end, an Ultrafire 501a with a CR123 battery and a nice 5-mode XM-L dropin (for the strobe mode) would do the trick and cost you about 20 bucks. At the high end, you could get a Macs Custom TriEDC and spend a couple hundred for it.

TK41

Newly Enlightened
Pepper spray is okay but a few reasons I don't want her to have it:

1) She already has one that's pretty small but kinda clunky...never carries it
2) They expire and it's a waste to test them because the small ones only give out a few sprays before going dry
3) She might spray herself in the face

Trooplewis, thanks I'll look at the ultrafire light. I'm looking for ~20-30 bucks here. She loses stuff easily so don't want to spend hundreds, hah.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's really not so much that a light will blind a attacker but it can help detour one, if she had a bright light for one she may spot the danger well in advance and go a different direction or the attacker may see the light as a threat because the bright light draws attention from other people, maybe the attacker would believe she is a LEO if she has such a bright light, who knows.

I don't like pepper spray at times they can cause more harm than good, I've seen it happen with professional, with wind or in a struggle the user can spray themselves. Get here a nice bright light and a whistle.