Sunwayman V10R--Al vs Ti

Abmw

Newly Enlightened
Need some advice for my first expensive flashlight. I was planning on getting a V 10R aluminum for but then saw the titanium expansion tail cap that would allow AAs to be used. Would it look wierd to have the mismatch in color and material. I was orinally planning on getting the ti version but its almost double the cost of the al version. Is the ti really worth that much more. Befor this forum a flashlight over $15 i would have considered expensive.

Jakpro

Newly Enlightened
I was faced with the same choice. I decided to get the Al version. It is the same light inside different shells. However, you can adapt the Ti to AA as you stated which is an advantage. I think that the Al one will fair better as far as finish over time-titanium scratches up pretty easily. The titanium one is also heavier.

I don't know how well using a titanium cap with an aluminum light will work. They don't usually mesh very well and sometimes the threads lock up making it not very smooth.

AaronG

Enlightened
The ti version is heavier, more expensive and doesn't sink heat as well. On the plus side Ti is VERY corrosion resistant and looks cool. Also Ti doesn't have a finish to wear off.

I bought the Ti light with extender but I really don't like the extender. It's heavy and awkward looking IMO. I think it would look even more awkward on a black light. If AA is important I'd just go with the V10A.

jak

Enlightened
One more thing to note about the differences is that the Ti version's lowest level of brightness is considerably lower than the Aluminum's. Check out goinggear.com's video review to see the difference.