Anyone making good/bad experiences with the new Olight SR92?

Swiss

Newly Enlightened
In another thread, I was looking for an LED alternative to an HID, and it came down to a Fenix TK70 or an Olight SR92 (SR90 was removed from the list for being too expensive and for not having sufficient flooding).

Despite being a bit pricey (ok, a lot pricey :eek:), I'm close to going for the Olight SR92. Reason being the significantly smaller size (than the TK70), the wider spill, the high quality manufacturing, and the no fuss battery pack.

Before clicking 'Buy now', do any of you have first hand experience with this light? There are actually very few posts about it (which I believe I read all), which makes me just slightly uneasy. I want to avoid spending almost $400 on a light that's not worth it... (my wife would already kill me if she knew how much I'm planning to spend on a... how would she put it? ...'dumb flashlight' :shakehead)

So... any input from SR92 owners highly appreciated!

Swiss

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm... It looks like such a great light - strange that it doesn't seem to get any traction.

182_blue

Newly Enlightened
I have one and i really like it, its built well and its quite bright LOL

Billy Berue

Newly Enlightened
I have one and absolutely love it. Not a single regret whatsoever. Very usable light, despite its size. Battery pack makes it a piece of cake to keep it charged. Plus, Olight has a deal going now where you can get a 2nd pack for ~$30, which was a no-brainer for me. I keep it on my nightstand, and I like the peace of mind that comes from the built-in charge status indicator in knowing that it's always fully charged (or nearly so) before I go to bed. If not, no problem, just swap in a fresh pack and plug the other one into the (relatively) compact charger. No messing around with unwieldy D cells (TK70), loading and unloading them, keeping up with a bulky D cell charger, etc., etc. I'm fortunate enough to live only a few miles from the GoingGear retail store, so I was able to check it out in person prior to purchase. Once I held it in my hand, I knew I wasn't leaving the store without buying it. I also got to compare it in the store to the TK70, which is in itself a great light as well. But in the day-to-day ease of use category, the SR92 wins IMO because of the convenient charging. And in the fit/finish department, the SR92 wins it going away, no contest, end of discussion.

Enjoy your purchase...you're going to love it.

Swiss

Newly Enlightened
I have one and absolutely love it.

Thank you, Billy. Very glad to hear I didn't just waste a few hundred bucks :) ...Going Gear actually also offered the 2nd pack for $30 dollars, so I got the whole package...

While browsing the online store on GG I stumbled across a very cool light, the 4Sevens Maelstrom S12 (800 Lumen). Thought it would be a perfect replacement for my old Streamlight Tasklight 2-L - and only about 20x brighter :rock: ...but then a voice in my head (which had a remarkable resemblance to my wife's) reminded me that this purchase could probably wait... :awman:

aug119

Newly Enlightened
i went through the same thing. I really wanted the light but could find very little info out there about it. i decided to take the plunge and just go for it. i have had the light about a month now and still love it. it really works well for me, lots of light verry bright and i really love the feel of it. its my first olight, but since this battery is the same as the sr90, im really hoping they offer just the head unit of that sometime for a good price so i can have both. i also got the deal of $30 for an iditional battery pack, luckly because one of them didnt work.... i sent it back, and recieved a new one that works great. overall im am very happy with the light, i hope to see a comparison of the sr92 and the sr90 as i am curious of the performance differences.

Swiss

Newly Enlightened
Yay, I received my SR92 a couple of days ago! So far, it was definitely the right decision. The thing is ultimately bright and feels very sturdy. It's perhaps slightly larger than expected, but still an easy carry (if you don't intend to stick it in your back pocket :) )

I bought it with an additional battery pack which comes in very handy. Keep it charged and you'll never sit in the dark (other than the 10 seconds it'll take you to quickly change it...).

Before getting this light I had an Amondotech (now titanium innovations) N35 HID light. As the N35 broke shortly after I received it, I can't do any comparative shots. However, perceived brightness is very similar with the huge benefit that the SR92 is instant on. When you hear that strange noise in your backyard you don't want your light to warm up for two minutes first :)

Anyway, very happy so far. Since there are not a lot of reviews around on this light, let me know if you have any specific questions I might be able to answer.