Tree'd a coon!

grnamin

Enlightened
Tree\'d a coon!

It was about 0335 hrs, our last night of our 3-day Fall camping trip. My wife woke me up saying that she heard some stirring outside our tent. Signs were all over the campsite warning us to store our food and trash inside our vehicles because we were in bear country. My wife said it might be a bear. I zipped open my sleeping bag, put on my boots (I was in a t-shirt and shorts), and peered out of the tent. I took out my Surefire L4 and threw a nice white flood towards the picnic table. Saw part of a furry body and a striped tail just as it scrambled away. I got out of the tent and rushed towards the picnic table just as the coon took off up a nearby tree. Here's what a coon looks like when tree'd by an L4:
orig.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I just couldn't resist taking the shot, lighting courtesy of the L4 and camera flash.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Tree\'d a coon!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Great shot!

BC

BruiseLee

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
grnamin said:
I got out of the tent and rushed towards the picnic table just as the coon took off up a nearby tree. Here's what a coon looks like when tree'd by an L4:

[/ QUOTE ]
You're lucky you don't live in politically correct California. You could lose your job and be sued for saying you "Tree'd a coon!"

Bruise

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hehehe... and here I thought the raccoon got blinded and fell out of the tree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great pic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

wow the L4 is awesome..

look at that raccoon! he doesn't know what to do other than stare, haha.. i bet he can't make out a thing with that L4 pointed at him

RevDavid

Enlightened

I don't think that's why he's staring like that,,,
notice the jaw slightly agape, the vacant expression, the slightly upturned corners of the mouth, and what looks like a little drool...
This racoon is a flashaholic! Sign him up!

David <><

PS... look for those posts with user id treedcoon.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PPS... if you don't think so, just observe how his eyes lit up when he saw that L4! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Ratus

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
RevDavid said:
PS... look for those posts with user id treedcoon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen a few, they are hard to read, apparently English is his second language. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

He seems to have a lot of maglites he picked up from somewhere, also that they're heavy and that's why he doesn't have one with he in the pic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

His last one said some thing about having a hard time getting batteries and bulbs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*

[ QUOTE ]
RevDavid said:
I don't think that's why he's staring like that,,,
notice the jaw slightly agape, the vacant expression, the slightly upturned corners of the mouth, and what looks like a little drool...
This racoon is a flashaholic! Sign him up!

David <><

PS... look for those posts with user id treedcoon.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PPS... if you don't think so, just observe how his eyes lit up when he saw that L4! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]or he has rabies ...