Jetbeam BC10 vs Klarus P1c

NJ870

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I was pretty much set on the BC10, then I saw the Klarus. These two lights look almost identical. Can anyone tell me the differences between the two other than small technical specs. Also if you have handled both, what do you prefer?

eh123456

Newly Enlightened
I had the same choice a few weeks ago and I chose the BC10 because it can take 16340.

NJ870

Newly Enlightened
How did you find out it can take 16340's? It doesn't say it can on their website.

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
It's been posted you can, I have one and that's all that has been in it. Killer light...

jondotcom

Enlightened
I just rec'd the Klarus P1C and it works fine on 16340. Note the manufacturer claims a "low" of 60 lumens, high of 245 lumens on CR123. 16340 brings the low up above 200 lumens, and the high is noticeably brighter.

Great little light if you don't like low lows!

Danielight

Enlightened
I ordered a BC10, and really liked the light, but ended up sending it back because the tail switch was kinda flaky: the momentary on didn't work right, and sometimes produced a clicking sound when it shouldn't have ... it was as though the switch mechanism itself was not seated properly. I exchanged it for a 4Sevens Quark MiniX-123, which is not quite as bright but offers more modes.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just rec'd the Klarus P1C and it works fine on 16340. Note the manufacturer claims a "low" of 60 lumens, high of 245 lumens on CR123. 16340 brings the low up above 200 lumens, and the high is noticeably brighter.

Great little light if you don't like low lows!

I have the P1C also but have been nervous about running it on a 16340. Gow long have you been running yours on one ?

jondotcom

Enlightened
I have the P1C also but have been nervous about running it on a 16340. Gow long have you been running yours on one ?

Only a couple days now, but I haven't used "high" very much. "Low" isn't driven very hard, I'd guess ~250 lumens.

wolfeeh

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a P1C today as a birthday present for my sister (found out she owned no flashlights whatsoever). To be honest I'd never really considered a Klarus but it was a recommendation from the sales ninja and after playing about with it I was thoroughly sold purely on build quality, brightness and ease of use.... then he told me the price - £32.95... a clear £47 cheaper than the Surefire I had been considering buying and the performance on 1 x CR123A exceeded that of the Surefire on 2 x CR123A. after that it was no contest. this is a lovely little light.

Bumble

Enlightened
Hi, remember the bc10 pulls more current than is recommended for a rcr123 on high... you should use an imr and be carefull not to over-discharge it as it has no protection circuit.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, if you're nervous about running a light on 16340 that isn't documented for it, just contact the manufacturer. I have a Klarus XT1C, which is not documented for 16340, so I contacted Klarus, and they told me that the circuit can handle a 4.2V fine, and the reason they don't document that is for heat issues ... but if I turned the level down before it got hot, I was fine. I run the light on a 16340 now, LOVE the brightness on high, works great.

So, if you have questions, just email the manufacturer.

wolfeeh

Newly Enlightened
Guys, if you're nervous about running a light on 16340 that isn't documented for it, just contact the manufacturer. I have a Klarus XT1C, which is not documented for 16340, so I contacted Klarus, and they told me that the circuit can handle a 4.2V fine, and the reason they don't document that is for heat issues ... but if I turned the level down before it got hot, I was fine. I run the light on a 16340 now, LOVE the brightness on high, works great.

So, if you have questions, just email the manufacturer.

You would think this would be the case, but not all manufacturers are so honest in their answers... Surefire as a case in point flatly denied the possibility of using any kind of lithium-ion in the 6PX-Pro when my friend emailed them.... he bit the bullet and used a 17670... and had no problems whatsoever. therefore mileage may vary between manufacturers :/

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point ... maybe I should say contacting the manufacturer is a good first step. IF the answer is that it's supported, great, you can go forth with confidence. If they say no, well sometimes they're just conservative -- like Surefire or 4sevens, and that's not a bad thing -- and that's where this place can really help