Can I convert Pentagon S2 IR light to P60?

v188

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Pentagon IR light several years, but ended up getting some other system for IR. Anyway, while I was cleaning up the drawer, I found it and it got me thinking.

I've got a couple extra Malkoff M60 and M61 led's. Is it possible to change out the IR head and replace it with a Malkoff. (Much like putting Malkoff's into my other Surefire 6P's.)

I know the Pentagon has a "stop" between the battery compartment and light head, didn't know if this mattered.

Any thoughts or knowledge if this will work? Changing over to the Malkoff. Thanks in advance.

spoonrobot

Enlightened
Yes, but. :)

The Pentagonlight lamp assembly/module is 1-2mm larger in diameter than the P60 so the P60 sized modules will be slightly loose. They will work though, just make sure you have an outer spring if required. Also be aware that the Pentagonlight compartmentalization will bypass any physical polarity protection the newer modules have, so be careful.

Back in 2005 I used a BOG 3 Watt P60 Module in an X2 head, just made a little shim out of aluminum foil and never had an issue.