Upgrade from a Fenix TK12 R5 for hunting?

Beer Hunter

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

This is my first post on here. Great forum :) I'm amazed by the wealth of technical knowledge!

Question:
I've been using a Fenix TK12 R5 for lamping (hunting at night) rabbits and had this mounted in a 1" ring above my rifle scope. The problem is, the wife borrowed the flash-light and lost it :(
So, I now need to find a replacement and hopes that you guys could tell me the best unit out there. The TK12 was fine, but really limited to about 100 yards - perhaps 150 on a really clear night and I'm hoping that there may now be something better on the market with a more tightly focused beam and longer throw.

Cheers,
Kev.

Beer Hunter

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking of the Fenix TK21 U2 Special Edition, but I've no idea if the beam is tight enough. Any opinions?

Kev.

regulation

Newly Enlightened
Why not try their TK15, which was specialized for hunting according their advs.
here's some datas: max 337lumens, beam distance 215 metres.
Find the other informations if you feel interest in it.

Beer Hunter

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered a Thrunite TN11. 830 lumens with a long throw apparently.
I needed a lamp for this weekend, so couldn't wait for more feedback.

Cheers,
Kev.

SkyPup

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking of the Fenix TK21 U2 Special Edition, but I've no idea if the beam is tight enough. Any opinions?

Kev.

Yes, my opinion is it is an outstanding weapon torch with four light intensity levels and long battery life, great throw and a tight beam.

I use one on my SIG 556s for hog hunting. It is one of the best lights that you can get.

The only other top notch weapon light that I really like and use allot is the Olight M-20X.

Can't go wrong with either one of these two premium weapon lights - Fenix TK21 Special Edition or Olight M-20X.