Looking for:

very high throw
high output (or very high output)
small to mid size light
preferably based on 18650's (2-3?)

Any suggestions?

tolkaze

Enlightened
We really need more to go on than that... there is a lot of requests for different lights, but you should have some goals...

i.e.

Price Range: High power and high throw could be quite expensive

Size: you will need to compare to something, saying mid size where Mini CR2 is small, and some HID's are big, Mid size is everything else... do you want it 2D maglite sized? most mid sized throwers based on 18650's will have a skinny long body and a large reflector... so more like a plunger?

Do you really want just throw, or are you interested in a balance, or just seeing stuff at long range. If you want pure throw (quite useless in my opinion) then there are aspherics, if you just want to see down range, then anything bright enough will do the job.

Brightness: are you looking for overall output lumens or lux? I have several 1000+ Lumen lights which have way less lux than a cheap throwy light.

use: can determine size, shape, overall power etc... you may not be able to easily weapon mount a multi cell, plunger shaped light with a huge reflector

My guess is that you don't want to spend too much money either, but if you want lots of lumens, lots of lux, mid sized maglite type light, its gonna cost a bit... then look at Lambalights SST90 based lights