New Wurkkos TS10, a Floody Titanium light with Triple High CRI LEDs plus RGB Aux for under $50

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Wurkkos TS10 goes on sale this Saturday.
The surface finish will be beadblasted Titanium.

This is the smallest 14500 light I know of and imo it has a great form factor, and a great UI.

The only thing I change on my TS10 lights is the pocket clip.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! Which website and/or vendors will be selling this variant?
atm it is on the Wurkkos.com website

they also have an Aliexpress store, but the Ti is not yet showing up there

I recommend the pocket clip for the Lumintop EDC05
Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 7.26.36 PM.png

(the listing says E05C stainless dual way clip, but it is actually a one way clip, and it is black, not silver color)
WqUYjzj.jpg
if you prefer the Olight clip, which works great on a hat, you can get a very similar clip from Wurkkos, sold as a Black TS10 Clip

And if you are not a fan of the gray beadblasted finish, in about a month they will offer the Raw (shiny) Titanium version.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes, the battery is a good deal when bought with the light
it works perfectly

definitely buy the battery that comes with the TS10
<on soapbox>
buying the battery offered with the light avoids all sorts of considerations about whether button top or flat top or protected or unprotected, or longer or shorter batteries are needed, in general

I Always recomend to buy the battery that is offered with the TS10. Im glad you asked ;-)
<soap off>

actually, length is the key distinction

the Wurkkos 14500 is 50mm long and has a button top, it is unprotected, and I believe it is INR chemistry, which I believe is very safe.

what to avoid
the TS10 does not like 52mm long batteries, for example the Protected Keeppower Button top.. But its not the protection that is the issue, its the length that prevents the light from closing far enough for the body tubes to make good contact.

otoh the TS10 is fine with batteries shorter than 52mm, both button and flat top

fwiw, the Protected Lumintop 14500 with USB-C charging port is 50.1 mm long, and also works in the TS10. So does the 48.7mm Vapcel F12 flat top..

but I still say buy the battery with the light.. its a great price ;-)

fwiw, the TS10 has LVP built into the anduril UI, it does not require a protected battery, but afaict so far, the TS10 also works with my Lumintop 14500 battery. I have not had any unexpected triggering of the battery protection circuit.. I like the USB charging option, it makes the light a more self contained package. As long as I have access to a USB-A to USB-C cable, I dont require a charger.. But the Lumintop battery costs a lot more than the bundled Wurkkos cell, so I always buy the Wurkkos battery with the TS10 ;-)

all these batteries work in my TS10, the two on the right are flat tops, the two on the left are button tops:
ZObahR7.jpg
disclaimer, I do not use Turbo, I consider it a waste of batteries plus it causes enough heat to trigger the thermal step down, so the Turbo output is not sustainable for more than a few secods anyway. The TS10 is a small floody light, best for close range.

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
I just got a standard Alum version. When "off", the green aux leds are on and full brightness all the time. I looked at the flow chart and the only reference I see to axu leds is their brightness in Lock Out. In lockout, those green leds are on but very faint. Am I missing something or is that it's design? I must be in advanced mode as I am able to change ramping from stepped to smooth ramping.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
> When "off", the green aux leds are on and full brightness all the time

you can change that

the Aux LEDs have 4 settings, low, high, blink, off

when the light is unlocked you can change from the bright setting you are reporting, by clicking 7 times. this will take you to the next of the 4 settings, which is blink.. clic 7 times again and they will be off...

when the light is in lockout, the aux lights follow the same 4 step cycle, so you can have lockout set to blink, and unlock set to low, if you like

fwiw, high mode Aux should not be used 24/7, they will empty the battery in less than a week

> I must be in advanced mode as I am able to change ramping from stepped to smooth ramping.

not necessarily,
you can do that when in Simple Mode too..

one way to know if you are in Simple mode, is to clic 3 times from Off. This will blink out the battery voltage, one time, and then stop.

otoh, that same battery check command from Advanced, will repeat the battery blinks over and over again, until you clic off..

suggest you familiarize with the Anduril features by reading the manual:

this section of the manual is for Aux lights settings

you might also find this flowchart useful:
Ea5Ijhz.png

you can see the 7C command from Off and from Lockout, to control the Aux outputs, in the green boxes on the above flowchart.

I will be happy to help you figure out how to use other features, if you have questions, feel free to ask

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
This is the first EDC light to subplant my 4-Sevens mini123 and the Turbo version since whenever the Mini123 was introduced - I think 14 years ago. No other EDC has worked for, nor satisfied my wants. I just ordered the Ti edition and will order the shiny Ti version when available.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a published or not spec on the milliamp draw of the T10 when the 3 green aux leds are on full-time in low mode?
I found data for Orange Aux:

"measurements of the drain of a TS10 with orange aux .

Aux off: 5uA

Orange aux on low: 123uA

Orange aux on high: 7.8mA"

I dont have data for other Aux colors, but imho the power used will be the same as it is set by the driver design. Though Orange Aux will Look much dimmer than Green Aux, I believe their power use and runtime will be the same.

some math for High brightness at 7.8mA.. multiply by 24 hours, divide battery 900mAh rating by daily drain rate:

900/(7.8x24) = 4.8 days

for low brightness
900/(0.123x24) = 305 days = 10 months

Last edited:

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the first EDC light to subplant my 4-Sevens mini123 and the Turbo version since whenever the Mini123 was introduced - I think 14 years ago. No other EDC has worked for, nor satisfied my wants. I just ordered the Ti edition and will order the shiny Ti version when available.
Bob

Have you tried a Zebralight SC53c N (AA size)

IMG_8007.JPG

IMG_8008.JPG

IMG_8009.JPG

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried a Zebralight
yes, I tried my first Zebra recently.

I got really frustrated with the UI and resold the Zebra immediately.
I felt sorry for the buyer, but he assured me he has other Zebras and is fine w the UI.

Im Much happier with Anduril UI.. The Zebra host was fine, Im just waiting for the Anduril version ;-).. I replaced the Zebra with an Emisar D2 that has Regulated output and very low Flicker Index. Im much happier.

I actually set up my Anduril lights to have 12 modes, like a Zebra... But I can ramp through all 12 modes easily, and I have never strobed myself by mistake with an Anduril light.

I consider Anduril UI much easier for a newby to learn to operate, with far fewer words of explanation, than the Zebra UI.

atm Im carrying a TS10, because it is such a small and lightweight package, with great hand feel. Works great for me in cigar grip. Im hoping they will produce a TS10 with a Regulated Driver and very low Flicker Index, like the Emisar D2, at some point.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the TS10, wasn't crazy about the rear button combined with size.
de gustibus non est disputandum ;-)

I Love the TS10 tailbutton.. it solved my dislike for the hairtrigger on the FWAA.. and I tend to favor tailswitches and small hosts.. I like to carry my TS10 partly because it is so small and lightweight.. I seldom choose to carry my HDS, because it is twice as heavy.

there have definitely been a large number of Anduril revisions over time..
atm I have taken to using this recent flowchart to document my various personal changes to default settings such as number of steps in the ramp, how low the floor is set, how to disable Turbo.. etc
ya6P3hS.png

for example, this is my TS10 settings flowchart:
YH8Eh5A.png

I do really admire the Zebras small size, low weight, and great sideswitch design.. Im also very fond of screwed on pocket clips.

were fortunate to have great choices

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received TiTS10, on right:
0kbT4Nw.jpg

I prefer the 25% lower weight of the Aluminium models, they also have better thermally sustainable output (400 lumens, vs 225 lumes for the Ti.)

otoh, the Ti has RGB aux that can display voltage by color ...

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received TiTS10, on right:
View attachment 50415

I prefer the 25% lower weight of the Aluminium models, they also have better thermally sustainable output (400 lumens, vs 225 lumes for the Ti.)

otoh, the Ti has RGB aux that can display voltage by color ...

If you ever want to part with the Ti one, I'm your guy 😁