suggest Light for a friend,,like E1B.out for delivery and it never came?

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was helping a friend with his business friday night and while we were doing stuff, he had to go to another building, and he says "oh, i left my light in the car", I said "here" and gave him my older version of the E1B. when he came back he said "thats a nice light, its compact and has good output".

i want to get him something, I'd like to get him something like the E1B,i cant do $160 for the newer E1B,,mabey if i can find and older used e1b for a decent price,,i'd jump on it,,other lights i have on the plate are

Thrunite 1cr
jetbeam BC-10
Nitecore EX 11.2
Sunwayman M10R

thanks

Last edited:

Bobby_C

Newly Enlightened
Re: Light for a friend,,like E1B

If he's not really a flashlight guy, I'd think a AA light would be a better gift. I have a Sunwayman V10R that I like to use a lot but lately I've been carrying and using my Olight T15. I have a T10 body to switch to a CR123A but the length of the T15 config is perfect (not too small). It still gives 100 lm on med and seems to last a long time on a single alkaline. When it runs down, the high and med is the same level (at least it looks like it).

Most AA light will be around 100 lm and that's more than useable for anything close to med distance.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Light for a friend,,like E1B

thanks for the suggestion, the only reason i suggested the lights i did was because i figured if it was worth doing its worth overdoing just a bit LOL

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: suggest Light for a friend,,like E1B

and a bump

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast

i was helping a friend with his business friday night and while we were doing stuff, he had to go to another building, and he says "oh, i left my light in the car", I said "here" and gave him my older version of the E1B. when he came back he said "thats a nice light, its compact and has good output".
i want to get him something, I'd like to get him something like the E1B,i cant do $160 for the newer E1B,,mabey if i can find and older used e1b for a decent price,,i'd jump on it,thanks

Have you checked out the deal from LA Police Gear on the E1 E? I did. bought one, then immediately ordered a SECOND E1 E!

Bobby_C

Newly Enlightened

Have you checked out the deal from LA Police Gear on the E1 E? I did. bought one, then immediately ordered a SECOND E1 E!

They're out of stock as of last week.

JohnnyLunar

Newly Enlightened

Firts of all, LAPolicegear is now sold out of the E1e. I'm glad I got mine a couple months ago on the closeout price!

Second, though the E1e is a fantastic little light, it is an incandescent that puts out 15 lumens. You have to drop in an aftermarket lamp assembly and run a 3.7v rechargeable battery to get it anywhere close to an E1b in output. You still won't break above about 60 lumens, and that's for only about 20 minutes before it shuts off.

If the OP's friend doesn't have a problem using CR123A batteries, I would highly recommend the Jetbeam BC10. For the price, it can't really be beat. 270 lumens (with a standard CR123) regulated for about 45 minutes on high, plus a low mode (which isn't really a "low", more like a medium). The beam will be much more floody than the E1b, but it still has a decently defined hotspot. It has a basic user-configurable removable pocket clip, and it's very comparable in size to the E1b. I have both the newer (110 lumen) E1b, and the Jetbeam BC10. Although I use the E1b a lot more often, the BC10 definitely lights up a room better, and costs about 1/4 the price. Plus, if he ever does get into rechargeable batteries, the Jetbeam BC10 can run on a slightly depleted (about 3.6-3.8v) RCR123, for a BIG boost in brightness (actually about 470 lumens, according to Selfbuilt's estimate). It's an impressive amount of light coming from such a small, inexpensive little Jetbeam.

Somewhere on youtube, you can see a side by side comparison of a BC10 running on a CR123, and a BC10 running on an RCR123. Big difference...

Last edited:

Flucero28

Enlightened
I am VERY impressed with my new maglite XL200. Very bright with a nice hotspot and useable side spill. Awesome user interface and runs on easy to find AAA cells. I have several hds lights and novatacs but have not been able to put the maglite down. Also, got it on Amazon for $39.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast

Quark AA

Fenix LD10, LD15 or E11

TerraLUX LightStar 100

The Quark has the most amount of available modes. Fenix lights are good for general usage. LightStar is cheap and has an insane amount of throw for its size.

All take AA batteries, which are much easier to acquire.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast

wound up ordering
JetBeam BC10 Cree R5 LED JETBEAM-BC10 1 38.90
Flashlight, 270 Lumens, 1
x CR123 Battery

Rayovac CR123A 3 Volt RAYOVAC-CR123A-RL123A 4 1.35
Photo Lithium Battery..

The tracking showed out for delivery,,,,has not showed as i got mail at 2pm and no package,,,still says out for delivery on the website..WTF :-( I was going to give it out tonight when we are working...oh well

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am going for the long shot here. Get yourself a HDS rotary or clicky and give your E1B to your friend. You won't miss the E1B. Trust me. I kept mine in the drawer after I bought HDS and has just recently sold it off on the marketplace.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am looking into getting my self a new light,,,The e1b is the last one i got,,,,the bc-10 i bought for my friend came today,,i also just got a e2d tail cap for the e1b from the marketplace,,,so i guess i'll be keeping it for a while,,i do like the HDS thought,i'll deff look into it.