Need a different led flashlight.

BAK777

Newly Enlightened
I have http://www.dorcy.com/p-158-41-4299-220-lumens-rechargeable-led.aspx and I'm ok with it except that I need a way to charge two or more batts(4-1/2 inches long) at a time.Dorcy doesn't have any batt chargers and I can only charge one at a time at 4hrs per.Can anyone suggest a comparable throw capability & hotspot ,etc... led that I can have 2-3 batt charging on a smart charger in the range of free to apx,175$. Thanking you ahead

Breathing Borla

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

BAK777

Newly Enlightened
Yeah thanks, looks like that might be a contender for me. The rechargeable led dorcy that I have has one batt (or 4 smaller ones soldered together and than shrink wrapped together) making it convenient to carry an extra batt or two and thats what I need/want. The power settings on the fenix would be great but not necessary,waterproof I like, really like though. I guess the convenience of the rechargeable in the dorcy (lasts apx.1 hr.) is alright w/me. I want to be able to recharge more than one batt at a time though,on a smart charger. the power is ok as is everything else w/the beam. I just want more conveince in the batt. recharging.More like a dedicated set-up. Thank you

Breathing Borla

Newly Enlightened
cool, good luck.

one thing to consider is with the fenix you could set it to this

High: 335 Lumens/ 7h 15min runtime

and get more performance than you have now and leave it on all day, LOL

you wouldn't have to worry about extra cells that way as you would have 7X the runtime you have now.

If you want extra cells you can get an extra battery holder and another set of eneloops and since you can charge them all at once you would have two sets of cells for an insane amount of run-time.

just a thought..........

BAK777

Newly Enlightened
Compared to the dorcy that run time is considerably more, by about 3 times But if the advertised run time is anything like the dorcys advertised run time than a more realistic est. would be about 3-1/2 hrs. for the fenix. Still much much better than dorcys useable 1 hr,I wonder how they achieve it all. The extra lumens are looking more attractive since I've started walking 2 hrs at the park at darktime,although I stay in the semi-lit parking lot area I still sweep the surrounding un-lit grass/green area (apx200 yds. to the trees area next to the lot.). Thanks again, but I think all those little AA batteries would end up being an irritation for my personality. Although, I'm going to keep it in mind. Thanks again! Any other suggestions?

BAK777

Newly Enlightened
I re-read your post. Are you saying that the AAs are all contained somehow(outside of being in the flashlight)?? and they can all stay together while being charged?? and can be charged outside of the flashlight???

Breathing Borla

Newly Enlightened
I re-read your post. Are you saying that the AAs are all contained somehow(outside of being in the flashlight)?? and they can all stay together while being charged?? and can be charged outside of the flashlight???

http://www.fenixlight.com/viewproduct.asp?id=141

s
croll down to see that battery holder. You do have to take them out when you charge but I was saying you could have another set installed in an extra battery holder if you really wanted that much runtime.

pertaining to the runtimes

they are not that exaggerated, you will get way more than 3 hours you stated.

fenix is a much better light than dorcy IMO and that's part of the efficiency difference.

BAK777

Newly Enlightened
It really looks like the perfect light to me except for the small batt recharging issue. Thank you for your consideration and time, and if you ever run across anything else please let me know.