need a notch above the Terralux 220

Breathing Borla

Newly Enlightened
http://www.batteryjunction.com/tlf-3c2aaex.html

i
have this light for work and I need more output. I do property inspections in very large structures sometimes so I need something with a noticeable more output.

I want to be able to run it on regular AA and/or rechargeable AA so i can buy them anywhere in a pinch if my rechargeable run out, no LI

i want regulated output and a couple different levels of brightness.

the output for the Terralux is fine for closer stuff but I need to be able to hit the switch again for more light at times...

i was thinking about the TK41 but it would be nice not to have to use 8 AAs, the $129 is a bit much, and I think that may be over kill and too big for a EDC.

suggestions?

I was thinking about this unless there is a better option

http://www.batteryjunction.com/itp-a6-pole-star.html

Last edited:

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
with the AA preference, needing more light than the listed 220 lumens pushes you in to the 4x AA lights. Examples are the Fenix LD40 with a neutral LED and a very believable spec of 248 lumens. I had one until my nephew latched on to it for his rural area. I recall that JetBeam has a competing product PA40. Plenty of reviews and reports on either of those lights.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not go up a notch on the 300 lumen Terralux,about 40-45 $ should nett you one.I have a small lower powered one and it has been and still a good buy.

Terralux100.jpg

Breathing Borla

Newly Enlightened
Why not go up a notch on the 300 lumen Terralux,about 40-45 $ should nett you one.I have a small lower powered one and it has been and still a good buy.

Terralux100.jpg

Am I missing something? I have a 200 lumen 2 AA model, ins't that more than the light you have listed there?

PerttiK

Enlightened
Itp A6 has a good price for around 400-500 lumens.
Has one annoyance, have to cycle through strobe to go from high back to low.