Just Ordered A V1 Moon

Severe

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a keychain led from Led Lenser,[A German company] It's reviewed on the Led Museum site. It's the V1 Moon and it looks quite interesting using a glass lens and an on the barrel clikie web page supposed to give out 33,500 mcd and is only 3" long Anyone own one of these? I have always heard great things about german technology. I paid $11.99 + shipping Severe

Severe

Newly Enlightened
WOW. That is one fantastic collection. Let's get Kiessling on here for some good critique. Kiessling, what do you think of the V8 Turbo, is it regulated? Severe

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hi Severe !
$11.99 for a V1Moon is a good deal IMHO. It ia a nice light with a perfect beam and should do well as a keychain light since you can rotate the clip to protect the switch. You have to remember though that it is not water resistant and uses button cells without regulation, the run time claims of the manufacturer are nonesense here.
The V8 Turbo is at the same brightness with an overdriven direct drive 5mm LED and has otherwise the same characteristics as the V1. Consider it as a little bit shorter V1 without the aspheric lense. Overall it is a littel bit brighter than an ArcAAA when the button cells are fresh.
Overall the Arc is a better light (that costs more) at this size, it beats the LedLenser hans down, except for beam quality and maybe the design, but that is subjective.

If you want really good lights from LedLenser, go for the V16 if it is not too dim for you, or the V2Triplex with 3 LEDs, this one does quite well with 3 N-Cells and is pretty bright. The V2-16Chip is also a nice stick and very well manufactured out of a bar of solid stainless steel.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

B@rt, you beat me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It is usually my part to point to my LedLenser thread ... thanx.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
bernhard

Severe

Newly Enlightened
Here is where I found the moon and other Led Lenser lights, by the way, thanks for the informative critque. I agree that these lights do look very nice. What is the actuall width of the v1 beam, and it's throw? Looks quite narrow. web page

Kiessling

Flashaholic
the moon beam is rather narrow and brighter than a normal 5mm beam with a very uniform brightness and has consideralby more throw to it albeit no useable side spill at all. think of it as a "stage spot" and you're pretty close.
note: the throw is in no way comparable to incan lights or focussed LS lights, but much better than the average "pure" 5mm beam.
IMHO the Docter Aspherilux uses the same lens with an incan light.
For some beamshots of the moon beam lok at the 5th post in the big LedLenser thread B@rt pointed out, these are rather accurate.
bernhard

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen most of them in person because we stock them where I work. I have one of the small keychain lights that doesn't use the totally spill less optic. It's similar to my cmg ultra, only more cheaply made and not as bright. I really don't think much of the entire line up of lights, but for the money they aren't bad, just nothing I would edc.