Klarus XT2C

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you noticed the Klarus XT2C on Klarus's website? I've seen the XT2A (2xAA) and XT1C (1xAA) for sale at dealers but nothing on the XT2C.

I think it looks really good and I like the specs of 470lmns- 2.5hrs/ 150lmn - 7.3hr/ 10lmn - 295hrs with a 2600mah Sanyo, it's 5.2" and 1" at the bezel. Battery's are 2xCR123, 1x18650 or 2x16340.

I don't own a single Klarus but I've kept an eye on them and this XT2C really has my attention but I don't know when they will be for sale but I'd like to know.

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, since seeing the banner ad I've been checking the past few days to see if anybody was selling these yet but they are not listed on any sites. Basically an XT10 trimmed for pocket carry - about the same size as my P20C2 MkII which is perfect for me.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes a pocket able XT10 kind of like the P20 that's exactly what I was thinking and if the mode switch on the tailcap is any good then it should be a good light, as long as there is no PWM. If anyone has the XT2A or XT1C please speak up and give your thoughts if you like.

Dreamaster

Newly Enlightened
The XT10 is a high frequency PMW... you can actually hear it whine when it's on. I would think the new XT2C will use the same tech.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XT10 is a high frequency PMW... you can actually hear it whine when it's on. I would think the new XT2C will use the same tech.

I'm afraid of that but hopeful they improved on it and use current control, I would like to know when they will be for sale but I'm not going to be one of the first to buy I've been there and bought light's like Thrunite Nuetron's only to sell them right away because of the aggravating PWM.

dj:litestick

Newly Enlightened
I can't say I've come across the XT2C either but I got my hands on the XT1C and it didn't spark my liking for it enough to buy it. Was out to look for a new single CR123 light to EDC. It was a toss-up between the SC80, XT1C, or a Quark 123. Ended up picking up a Quark 123 in HCRI. Beside the nice dual switch and forward clicky on the end, the tint was quite purple. That was a huge turnoff for me. It was just basically a step up from their P1C model with more modes, dual switch, more aggressive design, and very bad tint. I just hope the tint is not the same with the XT2C model.

p.s. I'm not biased toward warm or HCRI tints. Still like my nice cool whites and 123x2 battery configs.

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully the reason they are waiting to put out the XT2C is to fix tint and perhaps change PMW design. I've never had a light that does that so not sure how much it would bother me. I read lots of good feedback on the XT10 on here. Lumintop ED20 also had my eye as a light this size/power ratio with a UI suited to tactical lights but strangely no Lumintop dealers in the U.S. seem to have it so they might be working on some Q/C issues?

Once it hits the dealers I'll get one (if I have the money, very big if) and compare to my P20C2 for a week or so before giving it to a family member. Hoping it's priced like the other little XT's around $60 and not up to XT10's $80 range.

Dreamaster

Newly Enlightened
Despite the fact that the XT10 has an audible whine and uses PMW, it's really my favorite light right now. The XML they use has a much more neutral tint than the XML in my Eagletac P20C2 (which looks purple). The X1C uses an R5 led, but the newer XT2C uses an XML just like it's XT10 brother so I'm hopeful it will have a good tint as well.

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
Yes a pocket able XT10 kind of like the P20 that's exactly what I was thinking and if the mode switch on the tailcap is any good then it should be a good light, as long as there is no PWM. If anyone has the XT2A or XT1C please speak up and give your thoughts if you like.

I have the XT1C, XT1A, and XT2A. Along with its larger family XT10 and XT20. Along with all of their P series lights. XT2C will be added to the collection since I love pocket 18650 lights.

I like them a lot, the interface and build quality is on par with what you would except from a light in that price range. Like Fenix, 4Sevens and the others.

Due to the interface, the light cant tail stand, but thats about the only thing I dont like. I knew this before I bought them...

The XT1C has been my EDC since I got it, so far so good. The Klarus XT line to me is like the tactical version of the Fenix lights, LD20, PD20, LD10... They really compliment eachother. XT lights have momentary switches which I wanted, since my Fenix lights dont...

The only thing im not 100% sure about with the XT2C is they went with the XM-L, yet the rest of the smaller XT line went with the XP-G R5. Either way, im still getting it.

Last edited:

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened

All of my Klarus XT lights have high freq PMW... you can hear it but you cant see it (like the Olight M30), but I have to to put my ear to the tail cap to hear it... Under normal use I dont notice it. I have used my XT1C on a headband and I picked a different light to use because the lights basically touching my ear.

I would say the XT2C would be the same as well.

Last edited:

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
Despite the fact that the XT10 has an audible whine and uses PMW, it's really my favorite light right now. The XML they use has a much more neutral tint than the XML in my Eagletac P20C2 (which looks purple). The X1C uses an R5 led, but the newer XT2C uses an XML just like it's XT10 brother so I'm hopeful it will have a good tint as well.

That's weird your P20C2 has a purple tint - I can't see any in mine at all. It's hard to really tell off of videos and photos what it is like in real life, but I liked the light from the XT10 in what I've seen. I think XM-L is the right choice for these type of lights and glad they chose to use it for the XT2C.

How is it using the mode/strobe button with gloves?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see the XT2C is now for sale at GG but I see no mention in the specs about current control so I will just assume it's PWM until proven differently which is to bad because I like everything else about it.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have the XT2C? I was really wanted to wait for a report about the PWM or lack of before I buy one, I didn't want to be the first to find out on this one but it seems no one else has taken the plunge.

I just realized it appears they are still not in stock anywhere so now it makes sense why no one is saying much. I just thought they would have been in stock at our dealers by now. The wait continues...

Last edited:

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
I have one.. but its under the Tree, my girl wont let me open it even to make sure it works. Thats what I get for picking my own gift...

Bill S.

Newly Enlightened
I have an XT2C and I love it. I have to hold it right up to my ear in a very quiet room to hear a tiny high-pitched sound, and only in certain directions by my ear. A foot away and I don't hear it. I really like the beam and the UI is great. Fits a coat pocket well including holster. I cannot see any PWM, even if I point it at a fan. Playing with the light as I write this.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an XT2C and I love it. I have to hold it right up to my ear in a very quiet room to hear a tiny high-pitched sound, and only in certain directions by my ear. A foot away and I don't hear it. I really like the beam and the UI is great. Fits a coat pocket well including holster. I cannot see any PWM, even if I point it at a fan. Playing with the light as I write this.

how floody?

Bill S.

Newly Enlightened
To me it's quite floody. No drastic hot spot and plenty of expansion.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today. Popped in an AW 2600 cell and was pretty impressed. If you need a smaller (not miniscule) 1X 18650 or 2X CR123 it's a nice light.

Very floody. It might have been a better light with an R5, but really not a bad light at all. very nice build quality.

adrielm

Newly Enlightened
Received my XT2C 2 weeks ago and finally got around to posting a review of it. Like others have said, very floody, but a lot of power in a small package. Price is right too.