help a noob out on hisquest to making a homemade thrower(on a budget)

survialist89

Newly Enlightened
i have looked around the internet for some information on how to make a thrower flashight but i couldnt find anything so i have come here to bow down to the almighty flashlight gods and goddesses in hopes that they will come forth and assist me in my quest to make a homemade thrower flashlight.
i figured this would be a good project to learn more about electronics and flashlights.i have made small basic flashlights before but nothing as technical as a thrower.
idk were to start but i do know that i want it to be a incandescent bulb and run off of either AA,AAA or cr123a's.distance wise i would think to be around 100-300 yards,unless that's to far or to close for a thrower.i have no clue what a good reflector or light bulb would be to make a thrower with.i don't have a host yet but i was thinking of making 1 out of pvc or something similar instead of going out and buying another flashlight,unless there are cheap hosts out there on the internet.
since this is my first thrower im not going to make it the perfect 1 but more of a practice or project flashlight so i can learn how there made and get more experience with electronic componants.
if any1 can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.tnxs in advance.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
This really isn't my area of expertise, but you might want to check out some of the threads posted by ma_sha1 (although he works with LED & HID for the most part). While his more recent builds are extremely sophisticated, you might want to check out some of his earlier threads for some direction. :shrug:

Hope this helps,