Fenix e01 vs rayovac aaa led vs inova x1

ragweed

Enlightened
The Rayovac that I have appears brighter than my E01 possibly it is 18 lumens vs the E01's 10.I use my Rayovac around the house & really like the round beam & neutral white compared to the blue/purple of the E01. The E01 is a bombproof light though as it can withstand real rough treatment. The Rayovac for 3 bucks is a deal. Don't know about the Inova x1.

Streamer

Enlightened
The Rayovac that I have appears brighter than my E01 possibly it is 18 lumens vs the E01's 10.I use my Rayovac around the house & really like the round beam & neutral white compared to the blue/purple of the E01. The E01 is a bombproof light though as it can withstand real rough treatment. The Rayovac for 3 bucks is a deal. Don't know about the Inova x1.

I have played with these (rayovacs) for quite a while.

Let's say they are "equivalent" to an EO1. From browsing CPF references, the EO1 puts out @ 8 lumens.

The rayOvac "appears" brighter because it uses a magnifying lens. Side by side ,in a dark room observation, the EO1 puts out more light.

The RayOvac is billed at 5 lumens, and that does seem about correct. It is a well built little light. The only mod I did was to put a thin strip of metal masking tape around the barrel threads to rid it of any "wobble". Now it's Solid as a rock.

The Rayovac was supplied with a RayOvac branded "heavy duty" zinc chloride battery. I ran it down to moon mode after about 10 hours and it kept going til the 14th hour. Removed battery to rest for couple hours and it sprung back to @ 1 volt...then ran the torch another fifteen to twenty minutes til dead. I've done this countless times the past couple weeks and it aint dead yet. This litlle torch is definitely a "battery vampire". Incidentaly, the RayOvac on a low, low battery will fire up at @ .55 volts.

You can get four of em for the price of one Eo1. The high quality award goes to the EO1 of course

I bought six of em for gifts...gonna keep a pair for myself though....:)

Last edited:

ragweed

Enlightened
I have all three & going to get more for stocking stuffers. The beam is the same regardless of the body color. Just choose the color you like as far as the body is concerned. The E01 has different body colors as well.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just buy an EO1 or hang around the budget light section as those guys are into cheap lights.As another poster as stated the EO1 is bomb proof and most of us own at least one example.My daughter went on a ghost hunt in an old jail a while back,she wanted a light to take.I gave her a decent AA cell and popped an EO1 on a lanyard around her neck as I trust them.She only used the EO1 as she found it bright enough and cute as she said.