What's your favorite gun mounted light aside from Surefire/Streamlight?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at the Jetbeam BC-25 tonight, which is apparently new, and is built with internal recoil springs to deal with gun recoil, and can be hooked up to an optional $18 remote pressure switch, and Jetbeam makes a mount for it as well.

It runs on 2 CR123's or 1 18650, and has 3 settings with a high of 650 lumens, and low-100 lumens.

It's also only $68, and looks pretty thick and tough.

It's either that or the Jet III, or RRT-2 so far. They are $84 and $114 respectively, and are much brighter, with more adjustability than 'other' weapon lights I've seen so far.

But I'd like more input. I just dont want to spend $180- $270 for a light and mount that probably isn't any better.

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
You can look at an EagleTac T100C2 for lowest price - $46 for the light or $80 for light, holster, lanyard, mount, and pressure switch. Klarus XT10 is a good price too, $80 for the light and you can get the $20 ED10 pressure switch for it that will change/activate modes. Using a Jetbeam with a control ring at the front as means to change modes...don't know how convenient it would be to do so while it's actually mounted.

SkyPup

Newly Enlightened
I think I have six Olight M-20s of various flavors as weapon mounted lights now and I would get more except I have all my guns covered for now, Best damn weapon light of all is an M-20 with the M-20 Crimson great at night hunting too.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at the Jetbeam BC-25 tonight, which is apparently new, and is built with internal recoil springs to deal with gun recoil, and can be hooked up to an optional $18 remote pressure switch, and Jetbeam makes a mount for it as well.

It runs on 2 CR123's or 1 18650, and has 3 settings with a high of 650 lumens, and low-100 lumens.

It's also only $68, and looks pretty thick and tough.

It's either that or the Jet III, or RRT-2 so far. They are $84 and $114 respectively, and are much brighter, with more adjustability than 'other' weapon lights I've seen so far.

But I'd like more input. I just dont want to spend $180- $270 for a light and mount that probably isn't any better.

Well, for its simplicity and throw, the BC25 is hard to beat. Sure it has no other modes other than low and high, but im sure you got another light to do those modes, right? :) It's the smallest 1x18650 thrower there is. I've done the rounds, this is it, which is why i settled to order it. :)

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite is the Olight M21X. I have used the Olight M20 & M30 over the past 2 years and loved them too. I'd like to get the Olight M3X, but haven't committed yet since I already have a EagleTac M3C4 XM-L. I love the ET M3C4, but because of its shape it can't easily be mounted on a gun............what is a flashaholic to do?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Klarus XT10 mounted to one carbine and a Fenix TK21 to another. I need to do some testing but the Klarus has a nice interface. I think it will work out fine.

camoman2

Newly Enlightened
That would have to be my Olight M20S, Or is it the M21X....I don't know I love them both.

Paladin

Enlightened
I ran a Laser Devices OP-9 light on my M4gery for a good while in a Daniel Defense offset mount. Your basic 3 cell 200 lumen incan light. I retired it for a lighter weight custom bodied WG9D e-sized 3 cell body with KX4 bezel and Z61 tailcap.

Paladin

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I have six Olight M-20s of various flavors as weapon mounted lights now and I would get more except I have all my guns covered for now, Best damn weapon light of all is an M-20 with the M-20 Crimson great at night hunting too.

Your Olights handle recoil well, and dont shut off while firing or anything? The reason I ask, is that many people elsewhere have stated that "the reason the 'other' more expensive lights cost so much more is because they are tough and can handle recoil without any problems."

But I've questioned whether thats necessarily true......

cre10

Newly Enlightened
Your Olights handle recoil well, and dont shut off while firing or anything? The reason I ask, is that many people elsewhere have stated that "the reason the 'other' more expensive lights cost so much more is because they are tough and can handle recoil without any problems."

But I've questioned whether thats necessarily true......
Old post, but I am very curious about this too. What calibers are you guys shooting?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Old post, but I am very curious about this too. What calibers are you guys shooting?

Im shooting .223/5.56 x 45mm, and that's no high recoil cartridge. If I was using a tactical light on a 10 gauge shotgun, firing 3.5" magnum shells all day long, or .460 Weatherby magnum, then I'd be concerned about recoil damage to the light. But to be accurate, there is 'some' recoil with .223 or 5.56mm, so the light would need to handle it.