Has anyone put a XM-L in a SF A2L?

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of months ago I purchased a Surefire A2L, and I love the low red/high white combo, but I wish the main LED was brighter.

Has anyone opened the head and placed an XML in place of the stock Surefire LED? I don't think it's something I could/would do, but maybe I could reach out to someone who actually knows what they are doing :D

eta: Received a response from Milkyspit (Scott) and he said it is possible to convert the XML and gave me a couple different options, using the stock LED driver or switching it out for a more powerful unit for more lumens.

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nobody? My friends dog got out tonight and the xml sure would've been nice to have while driving around the neighborhood

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
I'd love to hear about this as well...I was introduced to the A2L (green) this weekend and I was really impressed, save for the power on high...

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, the milky MOAL LX2 XML ....

EDIT: Oops, re-read the OP and see you asked about A2L (not LX2) - sorry, but still think that milky could do something similar for the A2L :eek:

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad news, it looks like Milkyspit's PM box is full... Is he not active on the forum anymore? A search shows his last thread started in 2004... Unless I did the search wrong (which is completely possible). Is there another way to contact him?

Viper715

Enlightened
Try milkyspit (at) quarryrun (.) com. That should be a good email for him. Or possibly (at) gmail (.) com

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad news, it looks like Milkyspit's PM box is full... Is he not active on the forum anymore? A search shows his last thread started in 2004... Unless I did the search wrong (which is completely possible). Is there another way to contact him?

I've definitely started threads since 2004! In fact, started the PF17 thread in the past few months. Sounds like your search was a little off. :shrug:

Got your email, replied.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
My search-fu must definitely be weak then. Scott replied within minutes of me sending the email and definitely knew what he was talking about!

(By the way, it is possible to do the XML conversion for anyone viewing this thread)

Viper715

Enlightened
Glad you got ahold of him. I've had several of his builds and they are top notch to say the least. Speaking of it I think it's about time for me to grab another of his builds. Email on the way Scott.