Fenix TK15...possible purchase...o-ring question

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
I plan to snag a hardly used TK15 from a guy at work pretty cheap...he brought it in today for me to check out.

Only thing that stood out was the front o-ring is black. Does this mean anything? Same internals as all the other ones?

All the advertisements show an orange ring.

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
So I got this just now. It's just about brand new. Here's a tidbit I did not hear much chatter about.The orange tailcap boot has been impregnated with GID stuff. Not enough to discolor. But hit it with a light, and hundreds of little specs of "glow" show up. I never read this anywhere, and wanted to let everyone know.

Last edited:

savumaki

Enlightened
I have a TK15 which is great however I find the 21 far better so the 15 is now a drawer dweller. Don't worry about the oring.

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
thanks! not so worried, just wondered if it were different in any way...the insides I mean.

The TK21 will be arriving for xmas (so I've heard) so I'll have both as well...but a TK15 sitting in a drawer...that makes me sad.

I hope to find uses for both of mine, and my Surefires will become drawer dwellers!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not heard about different TK15 versions, so the inside should be the same. I use mine mainly as a bike light. The topside mode button is just perfect for that type of use, since I come across cars; they lower their lights as well when they see me do it :crackup:

bassdawg

Newly Enlightened
I just got a tk 15 which i really love . The o ring inside the lense is not orange like the pics . I read somewhere the newer models do not have orange o rings .Hope this helps .

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
might be BS, but word I got was there is a "2nd generation" TK15. This supposedly includes a satin "flatter" finish mode button, darker clip, and black orings. Mine, fits the description of the latter...my button is more satin than chrome, my belt clip is darker than chrome, and I have black orings.