Fenix TK35 vs TK41 vs Other

00ChevyScott

Newly Enlightened
I had a large post typed up but lost it when the forum crashed, so bare with my shorter post as I don't feel like typing it over again.

I had originally wanted a TK41, but have since started looking at the TK35. Does anyone have pictures of both of them together to get a better size comparison? Does anyone own both and prefer one over the other? I'd love the extra long throw of the TK41 to show off, but the TK35 may be more useful to because it has a bit more flood and seems to be a more reasonable size. I already own a PD31 that I EDC, so using 18650 batteries wouldn't be a problem. Is the difference in throw enough reason to pick up the TK41? How about comfort and usage? The TK41's controls look easier to use, but the TK35 looks easier to carry/store.

Norm

Retired Administrator
:welcome: Scott

I find the TK35 much easier to carry, the side by side battery format is a lot more pocket friendly and is bright enough for anything I do.

Norm

Dreamaster

Newly Enlightened
I went with the TK35... it stays in the wife's Jeep as an emergency light, and I liked the idea that CR123's were very temperature resistant, plus, the beam throws out to 150+ yards and I doubt I will ever be in a search and rescue needing more than that. It feels good in the hand too.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have Fenix TK30 and consider to get TK41. But TK35 is in a better format. However, I doubt that the reason get TK35 is justified if I already have TK30. TK35 is just slightly brighter while TK41 uses AA cells, så TK41 I guess is a more justified alternative. BUT: if I am right as well TK35 and TK41 has a narrower spill than TK30(which I consider to have unnecessary wide spill) so the spill brightness should be much brighter with TK35/41 than TK30?

Last edited:

Dougcov

Newly Enlightened
I've got the 41, super throw, nice size to carry, and with rechargables, cheap to feed.

00ChevyScott

Newly Enlightened
I'm beginning to think I'd much rather deal with 2x18650 or 4xCR123a than 8xAA batteries. I wish I could use/see both flashlights in person before I buy them but sadly that's usually not an option for us flashlight guys. I want the awesome throw of the TK41, but I want the smaller size and more useable light of the TK35 at the same time. If I could afford to buy both, I would.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm beginning to think I'd much rather deal with 2x18650 or 4xCR123a than 8xAA batteries. I wish I could use/see both flashlights in person before I buy them but sadly that's usually not an option for us flashlight guys. I want the awesome throw of the TK41, but I want the smaller size and more useable light of the TK35 at the same time. If I could afford to buy both, I would.

It takes all of 10 seconds to load a TK41 with eight AA's. You can use just four if you want. I've handled both and my averaged sized hands prefer the TK41. That's just me though, I prefer larger lights.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Would someone tell me the weight of the TK41 with 8 AA batteries installed? I'm thinking about adding one of these 2 lights myself.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both the two Fenix lights have a lot going for them and pluses and minuses. Another light that I would compare with these two is the OLight S65. This light uses 6 AAs and is compact as well. It has nice ergonomics and features.

What I like in a larger light like these is a side switch. The TK35 doesn't have this.

Last edited:

CyberCT

Enlightened
I have the TK41 and TK35. The TK35 is more practical IMO and currently my favorite LED light.

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
Vote for TK35.

2X18650's

Amazing runtime and throw and flood

Easy to carry.

My favorite Fenix.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vote for TK35.

2X18650's

Amazing runtime and throw and flood

Easy to carry.

My favorite Fenix.

+1 on all these for me! Lovin' my TK35! I EDC other lights, but when i need big light, i reach for this one! (until my SR51 arrives, that is! haha)

DW10

Newly Enlightened
+1 for the Fenix TK41.
This is my first 'Cree - LED' light and I'm impressed.
I like the use of AA's vs CR123's, for me it's more convenient.

The TK41 is large for EDC, and I am looking for an appropriate holster which may make it practical.
For the price it's a solid product.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
+1 on all these for me! Lovin' my TK35! I EDC other lights, but when i need big light, i reach for this one! (until my SR51 arrives, that is! haha)

Your going to love the Olight SR51. You won't believe how nice it is until you get it. I love mine. It's one of my personal favorites.

Simple Sam

Newly Enlightened
Are the two lights the right ones to compare? Isn't the TK45 a better comparison to the TK35 in terms of light pattern? I thought the TK41 emphasized throw while the TK35 and TK45 emphasized flood.

The TK35 and TK45 are obviously different in terms of battery and shape but they are also different in switch location. The TK45's location of controls seems a little more handy than the TK35's tail mounted switches. The TK45, being powered by AA batteries, would seem to be a better choice for use in an emergency; plenty of people on this forum advise against letting a child use a lithium ion powered flashlight.

The TK45 is on my short list. I'm looking for a well rounded light with lots of flood for use on camping trips and during emergencies. I have enough smaller lights but want a bigger, more capable light when needed. Are there any other lights for less than $140 I should consider?

00ChevyScott

Newly Enlightened
I think the TK45 looks stupid. And I've read the TK35 is midway between the TK41 and TK45

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi ooChevyScott.

Here is a pic of the two side by side as you requested.

TK41_TK35_Size.jpg

As to which one I prefer, it's hard to pick. I love the spill and output of the TK35 and tend to go for this one more often than not, but absolutely love the throw of the TK41.

I suppose it just comes down to the situation you will be using it in.

Regards.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the TK45 looks stupid. And I've read the TK35 is midway between the TK41 and TK45

I agree about the TK45. FWIW, I have Mac's SST-50 mag dropin in a maglite, a TK40, and a few other high powered lights with different beam profiles. The TK41 has become my dog walking light for the fact that it's beam, while being throwy, also has a nice halo of light around the hotspot making it suitable for light up a footpath almost as far as I can see.

It's not a prefect beam, but it's what I want out of a high powered flashlight for seeing long ways away.

Richub

Enlightened
I can put my TK35 in my winter coat's pocket, where my TK41 just won't fit in. This makes the TK35 a lot more useful for me.

I love the beam too, it has a perfect beam for general use. Enough throw, but with a large corona around the hotspot which adds a nice flood to the beam. The TK41 is a much more dedicated thrower.

Besides that: As a real flashaholic, you really should be getting both of them. ;) If your funds allow it, that is.