Any Way I Can Get More Spot on My Spark SD6-500CW Pure Flood HL?

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
Just got the Spark SD6-500CW Pure Flood.

It's a great light. Nicely made...love the magnetic clip, headband, and pocket clip BUT the beam is a bit too floody for my liking...there is no reflector.

I prefer the beam on my Zebra H600.

Anyway, I will find use for it in its current configuration but was wondering if there is any way of modifying this light to give a bit of throw to the beam??

ryguy24000

Enlightened
SPARK. is supposed to offer some kind of screw on bezels on their lights sometime soon. when exactly I don't know?

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I just realized the bezel does unscrew thanks to your post.

A screw in bezel would be great. What do you think they would cost approximately?

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the link.

Tonight I put my Spark SD6-500CW headband on and then slipped the Zebra H600 headband on top. The 2 headbands fit my head really well and the beam with both lights maxed was AWESOME.

I may not order the bezel as I really love this combo!

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm confused. Everyone mentions that the Spark has a screw-in bezel and yet everyone is waiting for a screw-in bezel?

What am I missing?

robostudent5000

Enlightened
everyone is waiting for beam mod accessories that can screw on to the threads where the current bezel is screwed on - like a screw on reflector or a screw on color filter. that's what they mean, they're just calling it the wrong thing.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right. Technically the screw in bezel (made of flat glass) comes with the light. Now we're waiting for a screw-in reflector that will replace the existing screw-in bezel.

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
I didnt see any mention of price for the screw in bezels(reflectors).

I would guess $10.

Very versatile light if they do actually offer these at some point

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
ok , I have been out of the Flashlight game for a while.

Have these screw in reflectors been released?

I cant find them anywhere

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally.

Interested to see how it compares to my Zebra H600

The Spark is waaaay too floody without the reflector for my liking

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
I got the screw in bezel/reflector today!!

It makes this light functional.

Beam pattern is almost identical to the Zebra H600 mabe slightly less throw and a tad more spill but negligible.

Very nice!!!

I do like that the Zebra can go to 750 lumen Max while the Spark can only hit 500 lumen but the Spark can turn into a pure flood by removing the bezel which is cool for certain situations.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's good to see all of these options. Between Zebralight and Spark it looks like most options are covered. Black Diamond, Petzel and Princton Tech just don't seem to get it these days.

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the screw in bezel/reflector today!!

It makes this light functional.

Beam pattern is almost identical to the Zebra H600 mabe slightly less throw and a tad more spill but negligible.

Very nice!!!

I do like that the Zebra can go to 750 lumen Max while the Spark can only hit 500 lumen but the Spark can turn into a pure flood by removing the bezel which is cool for certain situations.

Pictures? I'm trying to decide between the two headlamps myself, I like that the spark's emitter is in the center and the magnet idea (although they should have made the threads the same as a tripod so one would not need to carry around an adapter....), the H600 looks a bit odd to me being so long and having the LED to one side. I tried the H51W and it was pretty good, but once you move to the 18650 size it seems unbalanced, but the SD6 looks heavy... Maybe the greater length on the H600 is not noticeable? Whats the SD6 look like with a reflector on it?

cajunhunter

Newly Enlightened
Looks great. The reflector is not that much bigger than the standard bezel. I have one and have the reflector on it now.