Wait... what emitter is in the Eagletac D25A mini???

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just foundnthe Maratac AA that I thought I had lost and to my amazement they both look like they have the same emitter. I thought the D25a had an XPG in it? We know the maratac AA uses an XPE. So what gives? My maratac also has a better tint and a narrower beam profile which I like better. So far Im not impressed with the EagleTac. Did I get some old stoc with an xpe in it or something? The eagletac does have a slightly better build quality and shinier reflector as well as higher high thoughbut I am not impressed with the performance. Is something wrong or do the emitters look the same?

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 'shinier reflector' will be due to the UCL lens on the Eagletac I think. The XP-E and XP-G look similar, the die itself is smaller on the XP-E though, (the yellow bit). You should be able to make out the metallic base with 4 dots around the XP-E die whereas the XP-G will cover the whole area under the dome.

Regarding the stripes on the phospher, I thought XP-E has 2 and XP-G 3.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't count the stripes as they're barely visible. There's easier way, XP-E has three dark square holes around the die, XP-G has none.

xpdiecompare.jpg

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I interpreted that as 2 stripes on the XP-E and 3 on the XP-G, I didn't include the ones around the edge..

It is easier to make out the silver backplate on the XP-E though yeah, ironically I got the number of dots around the edge of that wrong. I forgot one side was completely isolated and so no room for a fourth dot.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok it appears to be an XPG. And the larger die size would explain the wider hotspot. My poor Maratac was washed and even though still works, now has a haze on the inside of the lens and possibly the reflector.I dont the module can be removed can it? Probably not worth fixing.

jondotcom

Enlightened
Ok it appears to be an XPG. And the larger die size would explain the wider hotspot. My poor Maratac was washed and even though still works, now has a haze on the inside of the lens and possibly the reflector.I dont the module can be removed can it? Probably not worth fixing.

You might try to see if you can budge the pill with the right size of tweezers, but some report the pill to be glued in, at least on the ITP flavored lights.