First Post ....... ( SureFire content)

russamurai

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks, my name is Russ and I have a flashlight addiction---- SureFire in particular. My most recent purchase was a Minimus and I'm a huge fan.

I've also had a L4 Lumamax for a couple years and I'm really happy with it, but want to do a little mod'ing. Hopefully someone here could help me out. I've done a little research here on the site and I'm looking to have a dual output option by switching out the tailcap. I don't know how many ohms I need or who has these, but I'd like to buy the tailcap from someone making them. Or tell me I'm wrong and it ain't that easy.

Anyway, glad to be here in lightland. Thanks in advance for any help.

dirtech

Enlightened
The tailcaps are not being made anymore. You can find them on the marketplace now and then. I just picked one up after keeping an eye out for a couple years.

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, russamurai! :)

As dirtech says, you stand a fair chance of picking one up in CPFMarketPlace. I suggest you post a WTB in WTB: Flashlights & Parts. You'll need to register there separately, if you haven't done so already.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arent L4 using standard E-series tailcap instead of L-series Dual-stage one?
As far as i know standard E-series only offers single moded tailcap, both twisty(long gone) and clicky(present)
But i havnt heard of any E-series dual stage tailcap