what do you guys think about the: "fenix E11"? - Your thoughts.

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice light, somewhat too big for EDC in pocket... IMHO

plenty bright, 1 AA, glass lens, stash anywhere, not costly. I like mine so much I bought myself 12 more,
2 for me to stash around....and 10 others to hand out for Christmas presents along with Fenix E01 and LD01's

Fenix LD01 is better as an EDC in pocket with keys

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a rule of thumb, if you are not going to state what you are after, you are going to get all sorts of answers. No one except yourself knows exactly what you need and want. Size, output, beam profile, run time, and so on are considerations people here need to know before they can tell you if the light is what you are looking for. What one thinks is too big, another would think is perfect for EDC. What one thinks is bright, another would think is too dim. What one thinks is the best light since toast bread, another would think it is a cheapie. I don't own the E11 to give you any constructive comments but if you want a serious answer then you got to be specific.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
what do you guys think about the: "fenix E11"? - Your thoughts.

I don't have one either, but I definitely would if it could only tailstand. If that doesn't matter to you I say go for it. Fenix is top notch, & the e11 looks like an awesome value. If anyone happens to know of another fenix past or present with a flat tailcap that's compatible with the E11, I'm going to need to know about it.

As a rule of thumb, if you are not going to state what you are after, you are going to get all sorts of answers. No one except yourself knows exactly what you need and want. Size, output, beam profile, run time, and so on are considerations people here need to know before they can tell you if the light is what you are looking for. What one thinks is too big, another would think is perfect for EDC. What one thinks is bright, another would think is too dim. What one thinks is the best light since toast bread, another would think it is a cheapie. I don't own the E11 to give you any constructive comments but if you want a serious answer then you got to be specific.

:eek:

<slowly backs out of thread>

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

:eek:

<slowly backs out of thread>
Ha! ha! ha! I don't think I am that serious am I? Ok, I was trying to give some ideas on how the thread should go so that the OP would have a better answer. Maybe it is the way I wrote it that may sound, how do you say? Harsh? But it wasn't my intention. LOL!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyway, I agree with Leon. Although I don't buy Fenix lights, I am certain that they produce good quality products and you can't go wrong with it. Whether it is a good EDC for you, here are some questions that you may ask yourself.

1) Do you want a floody beam profile which is good for general use close range? Or do you need throw?

2) Do you want it to run only AAA, AA or CR123? Eneloop might be best although most of my lights run RCR123 and 18650 Li-Ion.

3) Would you consider the size of the E11 perfect for pocket? I don't know because some can comfortably EDC a Surefire 6P in their pockets whereas some thinks that a Zebralight SC51 is too big.

4) Do you need a light covering a very low output which is good for when you just wake up from sleep and not blind yourself, to reasonably high output to see up to 50 or 60 yards?

5) Do you need one built like a tank, or do you need one that is reasonably tough to last a couple of years or slightly more from normal use?

6) You ok with cool white tint or do you need warmer tints?

7) Are you going to carry it in pocket with all the coins and keys? Would these items turn the light on in your pocket since it uses a clicky switch?

davecroft

Enlightened
I like my E11 a lot - can't beat it for the money. Nice and simple, tough, bright, reliable, good runtime on lower setting but still plenty bright. None of my other single AA lights are as useful in my opinion, but the Jetbeam BA10 comes close.

Only minor drawbacks for me are that it doesn't tail stand and it has no clip.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am with you 100%,seems some cannot bite the bullet and buy anything these days without being coerced into it by others.

*In essence it is a simple and cheap AA cell made by a respected maker,cannot really make a mistake on it can you?Thousands of those crude by todays standards little EO1,s around but I love it and all my Fenix lights.

Deal breaker buy it and enjoy or I will buy it back off you,how is that?

Last edited:

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
E11 is a great little light. I keep one in my briefcase as a backup to edc.
Good:
Lightweight, reasonably powerful for 1AA light
Forward clicky / momentary on
Decent build quality / inexpensive

Bad:
Longer than most AA lights
No low mode
Not as powerful as other 1aa lights (sc51, d25a)

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
What do you think. Best edc?
No. Fenix E11 is definitely not the best edc... it's not even the best Fenix edc light. It's an "experimental" model from Fenix to use optics in their offerings.
The better edc models from Fenix using single AA/AAA cell, imo, would be LD10 (clicky) and LD01 (twisty), and for keychain duty, E05 or E01.

GaAslamp

Enlightened
No. Fenix E11 is definitely not the best edc... it's not even the best Fenix edc light. It's an "experimental" model from Fenix to use optics in their offerings.

Maybe so, but I've always viewed the E11 as a "budget" 1xAA model with a forward clicky--I'm sure that this combination makes it a better fit for some folks than many other flashlights, including others from Fenix.