Best LED Rechargeable Flashlight with Autombile charging dock??

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
There are 3 that I'm looking at right now: LED Strion, LED Strion HP, and Inova T4. I would like a lithium ion battery, and in the medium/small range. It has to have a mountable charging dock(no removing the battery). I don't have any of these lights, but I'm assuming the T4 has the best quality beam, and the Strion LED HP has the most throw. I would love to hear some great recommendations for these lights, or any other lights with the same requirements. Any and all info is welcome

ama230

Enlightened
1. try the pc3.300 by 5.11 as its a flashlight that will last longer than a normal human and has unique and functional specs. take a look at lapg as they always have nice gear deals too. I love my two lights as they are light and work in minus 0F weather which batteries don't. Also have this mounted in my 4runner and it has no downtime so its always ready.

2. Also a maglite pro rechargeable with the new terralux head (dont have but would like one)

3. Coast P7R ( have and love the usb feature)

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best LED Rechargeable Flashlight With Automobile Charging Dock?

I have several lights that fit that description. They are:

-TigerLight FBOP With MiniStar 110S TLE-110S,

-Inova T4,

-Streamlight Stinger With TerraLUX MiniStar ST/EX LED upgrade TLE-ST1-EX,

-Pelican 7060

At work I work a Streamlight Stinger LED DS

TerraLUX InfiniStarCR has just been announced, but it only shows an AC adapter so far. The Inova T4 just arrived here recently to replace the older, original T4. I loved my Pelican 7060, but the Inova T4 is noticeably better. The Streamlight Stinger DS LED is a great light, but am incandescent Stinger upgraded with the TerraLUX is brighter still. I have no experience with the Streamlight Strions, either the regular or HP head, other than trying them at Streichers. The Strion LED Conversion kit is now complete, and will be shown for the first time at the SHOT Show next week. 200 lumens, 3.5+ hours of runtime with the standard battery on a full charge, includes TIR replacement head and LED module. The LED in it is a Cree XPE.Photos attached. MSRP is $49.99, and it will be shipping in early to mid February 2012. I guess it really is up to you at this point, how much money you can spend, and if you like doing upgrades. If you are sold on the Strion size, then by all means get either the regular or the HP head. If you like the size and want brighter still, get a Strion and then get the TerraLUX upgrade to kick it up to 200 lumens. If you want a little bit bigger, the Inova T4 is a great choice. On the other hand a Streamlight with the TerraLUX upgrade is also super, BUT doesn't have a lithium ion battery. So the more I think about it, focus on the Inova T4 or one of the Streamlight Strions. Here are a couple of URLs. One is a You Tube on the Inova T4 and the other is a website that compares some light you might like. As much as I like my Pelican, Stingers, and TigerLight FBOP, for what you want, you need to look closely at that Inova T4 and the Strions.

http://www.led-resource.com/2011/02/rechargeable-led-flashlight-reviews-and-comparison/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca3bBzQiNnM

You probably already know this, but there are quite a few good You Tube videos on Strions and other lights.

Last edited:

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
Re: Best LED Rechargeable Flashlight With Automobile Charging Dock?

I run a hunting lodge, so I plan on equipping 10 trucks with rechargeable flashlights, plus some more inside the lodge itself. So I may choose to get several Strion LED HP's and also some Inova T4's. Those were some great links you shared.