M6 on it's way!

bwcaw

Enlightened
M6 on it\'s way!

I ordered an M6 from TTS yesterday. UPS tracking says it is "out for delivery". Woohooo oh man, I can hardly wait for it to get here. We will see if it is really as good as you guys say.
grin.gif

BTW TTS was really excellent yesterday when i ordered. The day after Christmas, and he still got my package out the same day!

I am so excited! I think I am going to pee my pants!
blush.gif
shocked.gif
Ok well maybe not
grin.gif
wink.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Re: M6 on it\'s way!

It's good, don't worry about that. Make sure you stock up on 123-cells. Also, find the thread that talks about running the M6 on only 3-123's with the N2 LA.

bwcaw

Enlightened

By the way, is there any place other than cheapbatteries.com to buy cheap 123's? Is it possible to run the light on four batteries instead of six? I have a 12z , and I could pop the lamp out of it and put it in the M6 when it gets here. Thanks

Size15's

Flashaholic

That's getting a bit complicated?

My opinion (for what it's worth) is that the M6 should be used as the M6 with either it's MN20 or MN21 Lamp Assemblies so you get the full advantage that such a "large" SureFire has to offer. The output is really quite special - very intense and white (even compared to other SureFires)

Consider the M6 pouch from BlackHawk as a good way to carry the M6.

Al

bwcaw

Enlightened

I see what you mean about the beam being white! It is the whitest incan. that I have ever seen! I am probably going to use it with the MN20 untill I can order some 223's though. Even with the 250 LM. bulb it looks brighter than my 12Z with the 350 lumen lamp in it. This is the best $300 that I have ever spent! Thank you guys so much for talking my out of the M4 and into the M6! It is worth every penny!
grin.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi bwcaw...

You`re going to love your M6. It`s simply one of the best flashlights (if not THE best flashlight) ever made.

I agree, BTW, with Size 15...I`d use all 6 batteries in it. For regular "run of the mill" lighting needs, you can use one of your other flashlights. Keep the M6 fully powered for those times when you want to, or, more importantly, when you need to use it.

I use an M6, for instance, when something goes bump in the night, or when I want to show its spectacular capabilities to someone else...or when I just want to bring a smile to my face.

I also pretty much just use the MN20 250 lumen in the M6. I like the idea of one hour of run time...in the event of an emergency, etc... and I personally don`t see much difference in brightness between the two lamps. You`ll find that the M6 is really, really bright with the MN20.

Finally, I agree with you about William of TTS. What a great person to deal with!

Enjoy yourself, bwcaw...
Enjoy!

smile.gif

EDITED PS: From the sounds of your last post, it looks like you`ve received your M6. If thats the case, you`re now smiling on a regular basis when handling it or even just thinking about it, and you know what of we speak!
grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

One way to sample it's power is to hold the lens up against your ear (or someone elses) and blast some light - hot ear pretty quick!

At the SS2002, I felt a heat on the back of my neck, turned round and there was heat on my face - One of the SureFire guys was showing off the IR filter on an M6. From about 7 metres away, I only felt the heat - not a glow or anything out of the filter unless I looked right up close.

Al
smile.gif

bwcaw

Enlightened

Originally posted by Carpe Diem:
Hi bwcaw...

You`re going to love your M6. It`s simply one of the best flashlights (if not THE best flashlight) ever made.

I agree, BTW, with Size 15...I`d use all 6 batteries in it. For regular "run of the mill" lighting needs, you can use one of your other flashlights. Keep the M6 fully powered for those times when you want to, or, more importantly, when you need to use it.

I also pretty much just use the MN20 250 lumen in the M6. I like the idea of one hour of run time...in the event of an emergency, etc... and I personally don`t see much difference in brightness between the two lamps. You`ll find that the M6 is really, really bright with the MN20.

Finally, I agree with you about William of TTS. What a great person to deal with!

Enjoy yourself, bwcaw...
Enjoy!

smile.gif

EDITED PS: From the sounds of your last post, it looks like you`ve received your M6. If thats the case, you`re now smiling on a regular basis when handling it or even just thinking about it, and you know what of we speak!
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh yes, I got it just after 5 o'clock on friday, I was reall really really depressed by that time, I was almost ready to strangle the UPS guy for delivering it so late! I was staring out the window all day in wrapt anticipation waiting for it's arrival. I have decided it was well worth the wait.

BTW I just took her out for a little walk in an adjacent corn field(about a mile square of open field) and when I was about a quarter of a mile from the back of our barn I shined it on it, and was able to see the individual windows, and doors.
That is pretty awesome performance from a light that fits in your back pocket! When I was out there I popped in the MN21 just to see how much brighter it was, and WOW it really does throw out a "wall of light"!
grin.gif
However, it doesn't throw as far as the MN20, which is pretty useless for what I would use it for(>100 meteres).

I think this is the best flashlight ever designed! I was pleasantly surprised by how small it is, it looks bigger in the pictures than it is in real life.
grin.gif

kalengkong

Newly Enlightened

jeezee... your review make my mouth watering now....
*cant resist to buy one in near future*

ohhhh...... 1 of my expensive habbit!

do'h!

bwcaw

Enlightened

Originally posted by kalengkong:
jeezee... your review make my mouth watering now....
*cant resist to buy one in near future*

ohhhh...... 1 of my expensive habbit!

do'h!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've had it almost four days now, and this light is just phenomenal! Get one! You won't regret it.
take care
grin.gif

<><