Thrunight NT11

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Does anyone have one? I just discovered it and WOW 29,XXXcd holy cow! blows away my BC25 at 9000 but its the same size I really want one but have never owned a thrunight and was wondering how it would compare to the scorpion with turbo head?

kj2

Flashaholic
First- I think you mean; TN11 ;)

Second; You should get one :p -really great light, throw is good, lots of power, IMO a must have :)

varmint

Enlightened
I have one as well as a few others here, I got it when it 1st was released, if you do get one order BOTH extensions at the same time with it, the programming take a time or 2 to get right at 1st.
You will really like it.

varmint

Enlightened
They sure do so. If you get it all at once as you surely will sooner or later, I like 1 extension with 2x18500's, the length is perfect for me and the runtime is very good, they fit perfectly. Other than the Dereelight its been my most impressive to the non believers. It was mentioned by a stranger "that thing will burn paint off the wall" !!

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Does it have the same output wit just 1 18650 or 2cr123'4? Just longer runtime or do you need the extender for full output?

Scenic

Newly Enlightened
from what I have found, you can still get full output with 3 CR123's. 2 won't cut it, but you don't need four. Running two 18500's seems like the ideal solution to me as well. With one extender, its the perfect length and you still get full output without having to do two 18650's and making the light so long.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have one? I just discovered it and WOW 29,XXXcd holy cow! blows away my BC25 at 9000 but its the same size I really want one but have never owned a thrunight and was wondering how it would compare to the scorpion with turbo head?

the TN11 and the BC25 are entirely different lights. You should be comparing the TN11 to the TK35, Thrunite Catapult or the Olight M3X.

Oh yeah, unless you use the extension tube and add an extra cell, the TN11 wont be much brighter than other single 18650 lights.

varmint

Enlightened
NO.. I just tried it with 1x18650 to see what it would do. 2x18500's---3xRCR123's---2x18650's---4xRCR123's and it will really throw. I just got back inside from a cold animal check with it and my Derrelight Asp lens, there is no comparison to the Asperical lens Derrelight for throw.
I had all fresh charged batteries in both, the D/L has 2x18500's and the TN11 has 3xRCR123's, from my 1st impression with the ASP lens is that its a specialized tool which it excels. Both these lights cover all my bases very well.
Larry

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
NO.. I just tried it with 1x18650 to see what it would do. 2x18500's---3xRCR123's---2x18650's---4xRCR123's and it will really throw. I just got back inside from a cold animal check with it and my Derrelight Asp lens, there is no comparison to the Asperical lens Derrelight for throw.
I had all fresh charged batteries in both, the D/L has 2x18500's and the TN11 has 3xRCR123's, from my 1st impression with the ASP lens is that its a specialized tool which it excels. Both these lights cover all my bases very well.
Larry
ok thanks, so this thing must have a pretty good buck curcit if it can take 4 RCR123's. I thought there was a danger in using more than one lith ion in a row?

Do you know how it compares to the D/L with XM-L pill?

the TN11 and the BC25 are entirely different lights. You should be comparing the TN11 to the TK35, Thrunite Catapult or the Olight M3X.

Oh yeah, unless you use the extension tube and add an extra cell, the TN11 wont be much brighter than other single 18650 lights.
Its a lot smaller than any of those lights but a little bigger than a BC25.

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scary,

Here's two great reviews by TurboBB (with fantastic real life distance photos) on the TN11 that may help you out;

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...N10-amp-TN11-Review-(pics-runtimes-beamshots)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?323966

Varmit's been really peaking my interest in the Deerelight. However here's my take on the lights you're asking about (that may help you decide on how you're planning on using it and carrying it).

The TN11 IMO (or how I use the light) is a holster carry. One reason is for the size of it's head, and second for it's sharp non-beveled edges. Even if you carry it in your pocket while wearing loose fitting slacks e.g. tactical pant or the like. The sharp edges IMO will tear the lining very fast (same if you carry it in a jacket pocket for long periods). Since it's winter, it's too inconvenient to wear a holster so the TN11 is dedicated as my summer carry.

NOTE: I presently waiting to see how Thrunite handles their warranty issues, since my TN11 will NOT work with either extensions/battery options, it'll only work with x1 18650. So we'll see what happens when they get back in town regarding how they'll assist me in resolving this issue.

This is what lead me to purchasing the Jetbeam BC25. Which I'm very happy I did. One for it's performance from a nice tight/compact light, and second for it's nicely finished (smooth edged) body which makes it a great front pocket carry. I would be great if JB had an slight Orange Peal reflector as an option to assist in removing the doughnut hole in it's beam.

(NOTE: When I purchased both lights. I asked the seller to verify that either beam tints were NOT green).

In regards to Aspherical windows/lenses, I purchased a OMG DEFT-edc from Michael for it's extremely compact easy to carry size. This light is was purchased when I need to paint a "specific" area (to get someone's attention) with light that's quit a distance away. The DEFT-edc fits easily in my Maxpedition pouch which I use during the summer months or it simply disappears in my winter jacket pocket.

I also own a Olight M3X (reflector based light) which is a great thrower that has a good amount of spill. I use the M3X in it's short configuration with x2 18500 batteries. However since this light has a large head and is a bit longer, it lives in my Jeep!

Hope this helps you out!

Good Luck!

Last edited:

varmint

Enlightened
Scary----
If you want all out throw get the D/L period...
The TN11 will throw excellent as well as give some bright spill.
The TN11 will hold its own against any of them.
Yes the edges are sharp and some dont like them.
Use any battery combo you wish it works well on most.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Well I was looking at 2 lights and they now have come together.

I wanted a high lumen (600 or more so XM-L or SST-50) dedicated thrower with hopefully a couple brightness levels and fairly wide but not super bright spill (catapult fails here, kinda like the SR90 and TK70 I think the SR90 looks better) TK41, M2S, M3X, sunwayman T40CS, skyray something, catapult V3 ect but don't know what to get also I know the D/L throws good but idk how well it throws with the XM-L pill

Second I wanted a BC25 with tighter, more throwy (15,000+ lux), less doughnut hotspot (the hotspot on the BC25 is HUGE!) which is where I found the TN11 but people have suggested the D/L in both threads now.

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Thanks for posting those links see the best example of what I want is in that last pick the T40CS and XR-E. Sure the XR-E is nice and with an aspheric lens would be even cooler but the T40 CS lights up so much more down there and you can see every thing on the way.