Fenix PD20 Body + Quark AA Emitter = EDC Perfection

manfromeast

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I came across something today that inspired me to post.

Im a big fan of the Fenix PD20, it's been my EDC light for well over a year now. It's a fantastic light--I love the size, clip, clicky switch, and cell. But I really miss the moonlight mode that's on my newer Quark AA. Today I was reading how you can get the Quark CR123a X1 body for the Quark AA, and was about to buy one until I saw there's no clip.

Then I had a thought--what if the Quark emitter fit on the PD20. Alas, it fits perfectly! Well almost perfectly, the metal collar that covers the o-ring is a bit shorter on the Quark emitter, but as long as you don't get it unscrewed too far water-resistance shouldn't be affected. The unfortunate part is the PD20 emitter doesn't fit on the Quark body (well it does, but the light doesn't turn on for some reason).

Now I have exactly what I wanted--a PD20 with moonlight, beacon, and some extra brightness. I just thought I'd share in case anyone else was looking for the same.

atxlight

Newly Enlightened
I literally just had FedEx drop off my new Quark AA Regular. Love it! I got it just for the moonlight mode which my other lights don't have. I also have a PD20 at home and my only real complaint on that light is that the low mode is not really that low at all (it's like 9 or 10 lumen on low I believe).

Have you had any issues running the CR123's from the PD20 body through the Quark emitter? I would assume it's the same emitter on the Quark AA as the Quark 123...so assuming you're having no problems. Let me know! I want to give this a shot when I get home

Thanks for the tip!